• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 25, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
lets try that again.
wingtips..

288808.jpg

Just did a quick count out back. 27 males and 5 females. a few of em aren't mine. Oh boy!!

I currently have 4 females here.......

Lew and John,
You guys have a cub for every day of the month.
Shift.gif

I have 3 Makes and 1 female on the trailer right now ready for the short trip To Brown Pioneer Farm in a few hours.

Oh yes, and "Casey" too, not quite sure what to call hum/her what w/the hydraulic tranny!!

Cub Original engine question. Finishing up a k161 overhaul and wondering if anyone has a pic of a correctly painted engine? Curious in particular which bolts/nuts/pulleys, etc. are NOT painted. I'm certain mine won't be perfect but I'm just trying to get it as close to original as possible/practical. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Terry D.
If it were mine and wanted to be as close to original.
Everything but the head and muffler would be slobbered on with yellow, JMHO
288818.jpg

288819.jpg

288820.jpg

288821.jpg

288822.jpg

288823.jpg

I got my new hydro lift handle and pinch bolt lever installed on the 1450 and what a solid setup that is.No pin required any more.

Charlie - short of the overspray and runs I may just hit it as you suggested with the ole slobber gun. I've looked at pic after pic and frankly no two I've seen are the same as far as restorations go. Wish there were more old color pics from the factory line but I guess those old Brownie cameras just weren't up to speed yet. If nothing else it'll look a whole lot better than when I found it. On a different note, I did find one of the old wire battery hold downs which I thought was pretty cool. Probably throw some slobber on that too just for good measure. Thanks much.

Joe-

When sitting on the tractor look down. If there's a rod or shifter between your legs it's a male. The hydros are suppose to compromise the females.

This is how I understand it anyhow.

well then, I've got 4 females and a male lol

question about this 147 I just picked up..it's I believe a fairly late production piece (s# 397618 I think it was)
it's got a pto handle like my 128, not my other 2 147's and 107
is this a replacement someone did, or was this a change they made toward the end of the nf run?

Hmmm - Wayne, when I'm sitting on my 169 Hydro, and look down between my legs, I still see a rod.
biggrin.gif

Harry, I think that is the toothpick you dropped,
err.gif

288827.jpg

Dan Gruber,

According to that serial number, your 147 was made around Tuesday, August 3rd, 1971.

Back