• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 22, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a great day today. Pulled the 1000 to Freeport and had a fine time with good folks. Got low blood sugar and had to have a cream puff for medicinal purposes. Rushed home to the Lee County 4H fair to find that Pat[my son] got Grand Champion in his Mechanical Science division and will be showing at the State Fair![Dad's Bustin Folks] Off to bed now, tired and proud.

this is a little off topic, but i think worth mentioning. I found a farmall f12 for sale that was painted probably twenty years ago and has been a display in a liquor store up untill ten years ago and it has been kept inside ever since. it is on steel wheels,but hasn't run in a decade. it would seem to me to be a cakewalk of a resto and i think the price is a gimmee. i wish i had a place to keep it, but the space is getting tight for the cubs, i was cutting sections of my workbench out yesterday for more cub space. If you want more info e-mail me [email protected] or if one of the seasoned members think it is ok I'll post the asking price. I have nothing to do with it, just thought it should go to a good home. anybody with a barn want to adopt me. p.s. Digger, I had the privelage of standing watch over the moving wall some years ago, thanks for your service.

Tom H.,
Is it safe to assume that you bought that 102 with hydraulic lift?

It was nice to see familiar faces at Freeport and meet some new ones. Glen, it was nice meeting you and chatting for a while. The 1000 sure looked nice. Now if I could only find the time to get my 1650 to look that good.

Yeah that was great today! It was nice to meet you folks that were there today.

I'm still drooling over that hodge-podge turbo diesel cub/heinz-57 that stopped by!
happy.gif

That was a cool show. Lot's of stuff to check out and ideas out the wazoo.

Got the servers up at work this afternoon so we're heading to the pulls tomorrow! ;)

I got an on topic thought, I got to dig some holes with my 147 today,works gteat,the tractor itself is really tight because it really has never been driven for long periods of time, and I think kohler got it right with the engine because it runs runs smoother and better than anything else I've got. It drives wierd because it weighs about 650-700 pounds more than a regular cub. The rear wheel spacers are neat, makes the tires stick out another couple of inches each side. I'd like to post pics if I could ever figure out how. anybody else with a 147 have any impressions of their tractor? thanks

Hey Everybody!

Had a fun time yesterday, saw Bryan, Wes, Rick, Tom, Matt, and I think one or two others at Freeport... took my buddy Brent, and we drooled over a few cool machines- yep, the mil-genset 4cyl home-turbo'd diesel was cool. So was that dual-Wisconsin V4'd 1000... but it would'a been every bit as cool with just ONE engine... motoring around the grounds... (hmmm...)

But we had fun during our short wander through the rows.

But we totally forgot about the cream-puffs...
[Not like Brent or I are gonna wither away anytime soon...]

Off on another training mission- hope my laptop plays well with the hotel's 'wireless' internet service... [cans and string?]

DK :)

Wes,
Yup, I claimed the 102, but he sure didn't get the asking price!

Shawn,
My 147 is the first tractor I bought, for clearing snow after we bought this house. It's what got me started with this group, where I've had the chance to meet some pretty neat people, and has led to the acquisition of the broken 72 that came with the house, a weak 109, a too-good-to-pass-up-but-not-sure-what-to-do-with-it 149, and a 125, plus a collection of wheels and tires, implements, and attachments. I've used it to move snow, mow, pull limbs, till, plow, and level dirt, and am working on an idea to be able to mulch/chip/shred with it. I'm kind of jealous of your post hole digger.
I like it more now that I replaced the 3-point hitch casting which the PO removed, then added the spring assist after seeing Mike M's setup (I wish mine looked half that good) at the plowday at Prophetstown. Maybe it was okay, but I like the idea of a simple mechanical device taking strain off of something electrical. The snow blade should raise a little easier this winter.
The 14 horsepower makes tilling much nicer than with my weak 109. It's also kind of neat to see the improvement in performance after repairing something, such as the front axle mount and steering. Really a pretty well built machine.
And no, Steve and Travis, I haven't yet had to do any work on the hydro, other than changing the filter, fluid, and rear cover gasket. Access under the tunnel is about the only semi-admitted weak point.

Jeffery Richardson
And the point of your previous post was????

Do you get your name mentioned there for your in depth experience or for your PRAISE??

I had fun at Freeport too. Got to meet a few people I hadn't before, and they didn't kick me and Dave out when we set up a swap meet in the parking lot.
happy.gif
I'm surprised that no one noticed my "fake" 1X8/9 grille insert on my 128...

Tom H.-

Somehow I knew you were gonna buy that thing....
happy.gif

It sure is nice to be thanked by someone who doesn't even know how to spell your name ("Brian"--should be "Bryan")

Secondly-there is more than one name on that list have have been removed from this site due to conduct and general a$$holeness.

While browsing through some of my cub photos there was one that caught my eye. I still haven't had any luck with posting photos,
stupid.gif
but I know it has been posted here before. The picture is of 2 Cubs. One in the form of a D-9 Cat. Is it my imagination or is the cub on the left (a 70 I believe) 4 wheel drive? If so who does it belong to and how did they make it possible? I shure could use a mod like that.
drool.gif

well i've been away from here for so long i'm not even gona try and catch up, like to thank jerry b for the email for the brooks show, looks like i'll make it down there on friday, just wonderin if any one else is gona make it, hydro? rev?, of course poor jeff r. is stuck in japan eatin sushi and drinkin rice beer, but i'm hopin i can barrow your trailer and steal a couple of your cubs so we can make a good showin down there.

John Luckey ,hurry up and edit your last post (have have) before someone see`s it ,aren`t you a teacher ??

Rich-Funny. Funny what kind of emails you get after a few "innocent" posts;o)

I am going to have to start replying with my luckey technologies email address so that I can tell them what I really think.

With some of the comments that I have received about my website in the last few days. Maybe I should password protect it;o)

Nah-won't be doing that, I am a firm believer in the passing of free information over the Internet.

That reminds me of something else. One of my projects for my programming class that I am taking this summer is a program (windows) that you can put in your serial number and it will compute the month and year that your tractor was made. It will be a lot of If Then Else statements, but should benefit a lot of people. I will be giving licensed copies of the program to selected persons on this forum. For us PDA users, there will be a PDA version as well.
Look for this in the next couple of weeks.

Jonathan L.-

Interesting, I tried to write a program like that once, but I quit because I couldn't figure out how to do it without so much code.
happy.gif
Good luck!!

Latest posts

Back