• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 22, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,
32 years of wear is gone!!
A little weld and a whole lot of filing. Will post a pic tonight of before and after. I guess this would be a good time to replace the springs since it is a part?? Thougts...

Tedd
I keep some new springs around and when I am rebuilding a trunion bracket I compare the used springs aginst the new ones. Normally you can't see a difference. I always replace the end pins and then check the fit and the feel of the bracket. As you look down from the top the side bracket should sit directly over the springs, if not bend the trunion bracket in or out to center the springs. Manually rotate the side bracket from front to back and feel the point where the big spring takes over. The small spring is in contact all the time and when you reach the end the trunion bracket stops and the side bracket should move a small distance before the big spring stops it. This movement between the side bracket and the trunion bracket allows for smooth starts and stops. If somoene paints this area or it gets rusted the two brackets stick together and you have a jerky hydro operation. Whenever you change the hydro lever control postion the side bracket changes imediately but the trunion bracket lags momentary and then catches up allowing a smooth transion, if you make too much of a change quickly then the big spring takes over and when the trunion catches up to the side bracket the small spring takes over again for normal operation.

Richard C. -

Almost makes one wonder why they didn't just go with the hydrostat that had the built-in dampers...

BTW, weren't you the one that posted the solid rod for attaching the rear mower deck hangers? I did that mod last weekend - schweeeeet
wink.gif

Kevin D. -

Yeppers - the same place. Should be a MUCH nicer day than last year...

I am new to the boards and I have a question that maybe you kind folks could help me with. I picked up a Cub Original and am in the process of restoring it. I am having problems with the starting/charging system. I had it running and running good with the help of my good friend and fellow cub owner Tom. After a couple of days it wouldn't crank or anything. Charged the battery and that wasn't it, cleaned all the contacts and nothing. Noticed that if i tried to start it with the battery charger attached and at 50 amps the voltage regulator started to buzz, so i replaced that, and it started right up first try, thought excellent problem solved, nope. Started 2 times and on the third time went to go start it again, it cranked over once and then it didn't crank again, same scenario put the charger at 15 amp even and the regulator buzzes. Any ideas as to what could be wrong with this situation, besides it not starting.

Here are a few shots of Japan. Bob&Bryan or anyone else, if you don't want me posting pics of Japan cause they are off topic, let me know and I won't post any...

These are the HUGE breakwaters, notice the one says "460" I had to get that one. I love Fords.
20464.jpg

This one is of a few fisherman.
20465.jpg

This one is in the Harbor.
20466.jpg

This is my favorite Party Bus. An International Harvester Bus converted into a Bar...
20467.jpg

Here are 2 of a overpass I was on.
20468.jpg

20469.jpg

Hey Guys:

My 1250 is @ home 260 miles away and I need to bend up a new hydraulic lift lever.

Can anyone give me the width of the dash pedestal----- at the two control lever bushings location ?

Thanks !

Kevin Duffy>
You could posably have a bad field coil inside your starter/gen which could be burnig out your voltage reg, hence the bussing noize from the v/r.
Have the start/gen checked out at a repair shop.
I had a simiular problem and had to have start/gen rebuilt.

Bryan
Did you notice a difference in how solid the deck hangs there with the long rod? It seemed to bounce from one side to the other before. I never notice that with the 44a deck but that 50 inch deck is a different monster.

Richard C. -

Quite so. It also solved the issue of getting too close to a tree and springing one of the pins off the subframe - don't have to stop and reattach the deck anymore.

No work tomorrow!!!! All loaded and ready to go. I'll see you guys in Freeport.

Ed O.: There are still Original tires out there but most of them are cracked from dry rot but since the Original used tubes in the tires they will hold air if you don't mind the cracks. New tires are still available but not the correct tread pattern in turfs and a lot of people go with Ag. tires. Here is one of my Originals with Ag. tires rear and tri ribs on the front. Mike M. did this restro.
20472.jpg

Here is my other otiginal with cracked 40 year old tires.
20473.jpg

Tedd,
According to the MTD print in the file at work, the pad thickness should be right at 0.250".
Can't remember what the total thickness of pad and backing plate is though.

Slightly OT
Had a chance to go look at a Cub today. I'm thinking about bringing this one home. I miss my last one as it was real handy around the property moving trailers and such.
20476.jpg

20477.jpg

20478.jpg

It is the right color this time
wink.gif

Ah, what a great day today. I can still smell the coal burning from the train ride and the steam tractors!

Nice to meet up with Rick M, Tom H, Matt G, Wes H and Glen E.

GREAT time in Freeport today! Not hot as hell like it usually is. And yes, I, like Bryan and Julie, did the cream puffs.
tongue.gif

Hooked up with Bryan, Glen "E" and Father, Matt "G", his Father and Grandfather, Wes "H" and friend, Rick "M", and other Cub Cadeters too. Lots of modified Cubs there. Heck I didn't even take any pix. More and more Cub Cadets showing up at shows. I love it.

Looks like a "diamond in the rough" comming home too. A 1967 "Zig" with a extra belt on the right side.
proud.gif
Boy the wife ain't gonna' like that.
angry.gif
Will be selling off more goddies to cover this one.

WM, OOPPS! You forgot about this that is located on the IHRegistry home page. :eek:) <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

In making this web site and keeping it up i have gotten to know a lot of fellow cubbers. These are the best group of folks one can ever meet. There support and praise are one of the reasons i keep this going and keep looking to make it better. There are so many names to list. Linda Miller, Scott Cross (aka Keeper of the registry photo's), Jim Steele, Doog Martin, Hank & Kate Will, William Deturck, Scott Harris, Paul Bell, Myron Bounds, Ken Updike, Jeff Richardson, Tom Peters, Nick Queensland, Jim Chabot, Brian McMeen (ihcubcadet.com) and many many more. Thanks for all the support folks.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

(Message edited by jrichardson on July 24, 2004)

Nothin Cub related today but I did get to mentally visit some old army buddies today at the
"The Moving Wall", a Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
Kinda brings things back into perspective!!!!!!
20482.jpg

I asked the guy there why the chopper didn't have any holes in it, cause I never seen or rode in one that din't have holes. He said they fixed all the holes before it went on display cause people didn't want to see holes, Hmmmmm
20483.jpg

Latest posts

Back