Archive through July 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Johnny S,
It can be done if you spend a little time at dealer lookin through blades, BTDT
20409.jpg

Someone in CT using comcast.net (IP 68.60.222.117 - pcp03676736pcs.nstnig01.ct.comcast.net) has a virus - thank goodness it's not Travis this time!
lol.gif

Things are starting to look like I will be getting orders to Great Lakes. Just a few more things need to be done and next summer I will be hanging out in Illinois. Oh no. I don't want to be a FIB... Maybe I will have to buy a house in Wisconsin so that my cheese head heritage won't be violated. ;-)

Good thing about these orders is that I can be in the heartland of Cub Cadets. I can see it now, the collection will grow.

Jeff "R",
A "FIB" huh. Don't get me started! Great Lakes N.T.S., Worked on many of the building there. The Navy Exchange was the last.

Tom H.
animatedbear.gif

Hey, I was born and raised in Wisconsin, and you know what they say; "if the shoe fits".
biggrin.gif

<font size="-2">I was really hoping to get a rise out of Bryan</font>
rolleyes.gif

Hey All,

Does anybody know what the length of the 7/16" dia. hdraulic lift lever--- I need the mesurement of the lever that go's through the pedestal. I am fabricating a new handle and need to know the location of the bend.

Thanks !

I've already GOT a vac for my 149, but I was looking for something that won't leave me with a barn full of leaves to dispose of!

This could be better than the "Great Oil Debate"!!

OK, Wes, Ken, Don, Dan, Kevin, and ????. Whatja' got?

Milwaukee's Finest
beerchug.gif

John S. -

Barn full of leaves?

I just dump 'em (along with the grass clippings) all in the "back 40" where they compost nicely. Nothing like making your own soil...

Digger, modify how? Do I need to cap off the chute on the deck?

Johnny,
I took gators that fit a 44 and cut them down. You have to balance them though, that's the tricky part and takes some time, but it's worth it.

Just catching up on the archives from being on vacation. I can't believe the storm pictures. I was in the GTO from Hartford, WI to Indianapolis then to Springfield, OH on the 13th. That's as close as I want to come especially driving a classic. Good luck to all involved in the cleanup.

Hey Digger, are you saying that you cut the gators down to fit your older style deck? From what I can remember, the older style decks use a flat blade (with the exception of the wing) and the gators are a "u" shaped blade sort of like this : ___----___

Does that matter? I'm assuming that you don't take too much off the blade but do you ever have to cut into the wing part of the gator?

Just curious. Talk to ya'll later.

Steve

What is the make and model of the bagger pictured below? What does it take to mount on a 102 or a 147?

Steve S,
To be honest, without goin out and measuring the blades-{it's to damn hot right now} I can't remember how much I took off. But I'll get the info for ya.

Charlie H,
It reads CRAPSMAN on the back of it. Don't know the model number, sorry.
I would say a couple pieces of angle iron would do to mount it with, that's all I used and ran a rod through the exsiting holes in the frame at the top and bolted it to the hitch on the bottom.

Latest posts

Back