• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 14, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom H if you go to Freeport this weekend you will be the only one there. The show starts a week from Friday. Runs the 29th, 30th and 31st. Roger

Tom-Ditto. You'd better wait....I'll be there,I think.
wink.gif

Kraig-
He didn't mention loss of power, but I am sure that it would be an issue with the Kohler motor if my dump bed was full of stuff.

Hopefully I will be able to set a 3 cylinder Kubota gas engine in it that I purchased.

Before I begin on this project I have to finish restoring my Original, so this is pushed to the far corner so that I dont get sidetracted

For those wondering, the 154 posts have been moved to the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet's Larger Relatives topic.

I'm having a problem with my 1650 Cub Cadet's tranmission. When I pull the lever back (from neutral) to go into reverse, the tractor does not gradually begin to move, but hesitates, and all of a sudden lurches into reverse at a high speed. The tractor does fine in "forward". I change the fluid regularly and this has only recently begun. Any suggestions as to what causes this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lamar -

You might want to read thru the FAQ at the link above, you might just find some hints there about your hydro...

Tyler, that Kubota would sure help compensate for a power loss! Hmmm, I too need to finish my Original before I start on my utility Cub. :eek:)

Bryan,
Thanks for the suggestion. I reviewed the material you mentioned and it looks like a "linkage" problem (at least that's where I figure to start).

Hunter

Mowed last night........

Well, not really....I trimmed the tops of the "buckhorn" with the Haban. It did make the lawn look more even, but it's still crunchy.

98+ deg. F this weekend....wouldn't you know it, first Sat. I've been home in about 6 weeks and I'll be INSIDE all day.

Hi guys, I know your'e all rushing to get loaded for RPRU but I have a question.
I'm going to be shipping an Original across the country and wonder if someone could guess the aprox weight of..tractor,front blade,mower deck & crate for said items & has anyone shipped something like this befor & at what cost?
Thanks Don

From brochures and price lists:

Original Shipping weight 475lbs.
Blade for 70/100 (Close as I could find) Shipping weight 88lbs.
38" 3 spindle mower for 70/100 (Close as I could find) Shipping weight 127lbs.

Finally getting to showin' the weights I made last winter. Ran out of paint tho. . .
29379.jpg

Okay, guys, have no idea what happened. Cutting fine, engine running good. Got finished & headed for the barn when it started to stumble and I shut it off. Cranked & cranked, wouldn't hit a lick. The next day, tried it again & the starter just clicked. Jumped it, no good. Finally I was leaning down watching the starter & it started to turn, then a whoosh & gas was everywhere! Out the carb, out the dipstick, everywhere! The crankcase is flooded with gas. Float on the carb is not fuel logged. What gives?

Norm,
Do you have a fuel pump? If it might be leaking the fuel into the crankcase.

Roger "H",
Thanks for the heads up on the Freeport date. If it's 98+ this weekend, looks like I'll be operating the couch!

Yes, Terry, I think you're right. It has to be the fuel pump. Someone in the forum a couple of months ago also told me that would happen.

Appreciate your help, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Thanks

Hey Guys,
I was changing the oil in my IH 782 when I decided to get to the bottom of my heavy steering problem. I pulled apart the axle pivot because there was some major play down there and the new bolt had been sitting on the bench for almost a year. After getting everything cleaned up alot of wear on the bolt and the inner bushing which is mounted to the bracket. I remember reading a post here where someone welded the bushing and reamed it back down to .75". I tried that, but I think the 782 might have cast iron bushings?? Or else my upsidedown gas welding with a tiny torch aint what it use to be. It is not my best work but i did improve the fit a bit.
I wondered if anyone has tried to replace the bushings with new. they seem to be pressed in pretty hard, to say the least. Am I digging a hole deep enough to bury me and my tractor? Sunday night at midnight I thought, maybe?
The last thing I will bug you all with is How Tight should the pivot bolt be tightened. of course the axle will need to move freely, but should I be pulling the play out of it? Do you think this is what is causing my drag link to bend?Sorry for the long list of stupid questions and all, but I could not find answers with the amazing bit of technology aka archieve search. I don't know who built that, but it is great,and thank you. This is one of the best built sites I have seen or used!!

Does anyone know anything about a kohler model number k5820s.

It seems to look alot bigger than a kt 17, and it does have a spin on oil filter. It was mounted in a Toro golf course mower. It is also old enough to have a decal that says "recommend unleaded" but runs on leaded if that is all that is available.

This is what was actually in the mower that I bought. The mower that was supposed to have a Kubota 3 cylinder gas engine in it.

Kubota-Kohler I guess they do sound alike
My problem came when 3 cylinders turned into 2 when I looked under the hood.

I still can't complain for the price. It has TONS of hydrulics too! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back