• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um, yeah. If 3.25" is a quarter of the cut (as stated on the picture), then 3.25" x 4 = 14" must be the FULL width of the cut.

3.25*4=13
err.gif

Well, as fuzzy as that pic is, Lord knows what I read on it (3 1/somethinerother), but I knew what the answer was cuz it was pretty obvious.

It DOES say 3.5" and 3.5" x 4 is DEFINITELY 14"

Does any one know who made the snow cabs for the 1250-1650 models? I am looking for any info on them. Thanks Craig

So I got my 12-6 Carlisles on my '72 today. Its been sitting for a couple months so I didn't expect it to start easy. However I did expect it to turn over when I hit the key, it doesn't...
I jumped to the starter and the motor turns over but has no spark even with the key on. Once while I was messing with it I got the solenoid to clunk but thats about it. I disconnected the cutout at the clutch pedal but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm thinking keyswitch at this point. Anybody got some troubleshooting steps? It was running just fine in early May when I put the k161 in it.

Bryan - if it were 3.25" then they're probably gaining the extra inch out of the plow bouncing side to side as it follows the furrow
roflol.gif

(Message edited by rmunday on July 09, 2005)

I had a tractor that I couldn't get to start for anything, so I sprayed electrode cleaner on all of my main connections and it fired right up. That probly isn't the whole problem, but it may help your situation.

Rick M. -

Of course, the way most of us plow, it's probably +/-14" cut
lol.gif

Curt R:

Here is a Schematic for the 72/1x4/5 Series:

Opps.....

(Message edited by rbedell on July 10, 2005)

I have looked in the archives and I'm sure it has been covered but....I can't find it specifically. Maybe a good one for the FAQ section.

I know the first numbers in the older cubs are the engine HP, and I know that the last number if odd is hydro/even is gear drive. What is the difference in the last number if both are odd. Example-123 and a 127
confused.gif

Chad

Curt R:

Let's try this again...

Here is the schematic for the 72/1x4/5 series Cubs:

29109.jpg

Chad -

Take a look at the main page (www.ihcubcadet.com) and take a look at the model chart. There wasn't necessarily any rhyme or reason, but you'll find that the 1x2/1x3 was a series of tractors and the 1x4/1x5 was the following series, then came the 1x6/1x7. And also note that the 70, 71, 72 and 73 don't fit the numbering mold. Nor did the 86. Can you see why there's no simple Excel formula to plug things into?
wink.gif

Greetings All,

My dad has handed down to me his 127 that I grew up using. Before doing so, an engine overhaul was done and a replacement carburetor added. The individual who did the job is not available for questions. I've been using the machine for about 2 years now and I've developed some odd symptoms in the way it runs. I get backfires when shutting down, some difficulty starting, and most recently a little sputtering when changing direction (fowards to reverse). I imagine the carburetor is out of adjustment and the problem I have is that the screws on this carb don't match the layout shown in the manual. I'm including a picture of the screw configuration and hoping that someone may have seen this type before and be able to tell me which screw is which - my goal being to set to defaults and go from there in adjusting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please note that when looking at the pic, the coil wire had been disconnected so it wouldn't be in the way. The view is looking down at the top of the carb.

29112.jpg

Shanen -

You sure there's a screw at C? I'd try cleaning things up first so I'd know for sure what I was looking at.

<font color="ff0000">WTH!?!?

Upload Error:
The file you attempted to upload had a disallowed file format. The file format is not valid for image uploading???

It's a freakin 36KB JPEG!!!</font>

Interesting - I can post GIF but not JPG. Wonder how MIME got messed up here...

Anywho...

I wonder how THIS got past the slant-grille sensors...

29118.gif

<font size="-2">at least it's the lesser of the zig and zag evils
wink.gif
</font>

Aw, c'mon Bob, you ears COULDN'T have been ringin'...
lol.gif

Nope, it's gotta be something that got tweaked (the wrong way) on my end...

Latest posts

Back