Archive through July 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry, the attached two car garage has always had both cars in it, except for brief periods when I was using it to paint or stain trim. I have a 10x18 shed/shop with a 10x24 lean-to on it that is where the Cubs reside. The compressor and cabinet sandblaster are in the attached garage and I just move one car out when I wish to use it. Before I resided the house my wife and I agreed that I would get a pole barn (18x28 two story main section with 14x28 lean-to off each side one for firewood storage and one as a shop) I built the 10x18 shed and 10x24 lean-to to replace a falling down "garden shed" I needed the new "garden shed" for storage of siding and tools while I worked on the house. Now that the house is resided my wife has conveniently forgot about our agreement. I should have gotten it in writing!
bash.gif
I even bought plans for this barn (18x24 with 2 12x24 lean-to, see photo) then based on that design I drew up my own plans in AutoCAD to customize it. The shed is located in an area of the yard where I have to drive across the septic system to get to it, not really a problem in the summer but an absolute no-no in the winter. So one Cub has to set out in the driveway all winter.
bottom.gif

88634.jpg

88635.jpg

Kraig:
Not big enough - I built a 40 x 46 x 14 high two years ago - it's full (and only two Cubs...).
Start taking the siding off, maybe her memory will improve (take it off the side towards the road).

Was that picture taken from an aircraft or satellite? If from a satellite, was it from a public a web site?? (I've seen some satellite stuff recently that shows perspective like that..)

Kendell, I know my proposed pole barn is not big enough but it'd have to do. The photo is from this website:

Live Search

KRAIG - Why can't You drive over Your drain field in winter? I run over Mine year-round and have for 15-16 yrs. Cubbies, FARMALL's...No problems.

Denny, I was taught that you never drive over a septic system in the winter as it will compress the snow which will no longer insulate and the septic system can freeze. I was also taught that you should never drive a large vehicle over a septic system at any time of year.

Septic system info

Kraig..

That pic resembles the Cub version of 'Area 51' spy photos... (Area 149?)

I thought you were gonna say that the
88646.gif
and we better get back on topic....
happy.gif

Hmmmmm Son & I had BOTH 7000+# FARMALLS out clearing all the snow off Our front yard about the end of Febuary so it wouldn't melt & run into the basement. We cleared right over Our drain field. The ground was still thawed...I have the holes to prove it yet... but I can't see the ground freezing THAT deep.

I won't mention any names but is a bright construction orange 1966 WHITE 10-wheel ready-mix truck loaded with 7 cubic yards of concrete weighing 50,000+# and 25+ ft long considered "A large vehicle"? When I poured the first load of concrete for the footings & walls to the addition to Mom & Dad's house back in about 1974 the contractor backed Me up too close to their new septic tank. I didn't hurt the tank but the plastic inlet pipe was crushed....still worked for another 25 yrs until one morning Dad walked out to water His garden. He stepped into a smelly hole about a foot deep next to the tank. I won't even drive the Cubbies over the covers of both My tanks but the drain tiles 3-4 feet in the ground should carry the weight of anything I own.

Denny, perhaps you've just been fortunate or you have a time bomb in your yard. In any case, I don't drive the Cub Cadets over my septic system in the winter and I never drive my cars over it. I figure better safe then sorry.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

KRAIG - It was real common down home to "tile" sloughs, wet spots, waterways, etc. Any place where water pooled or flowed, wet spots, etc. would eventually get either clay, concrete, or plastic perforated tile trenched in anywhere from two to 6 feet under the surface. Neighbor I worked for added a mile of tile to the system that flowed thru Our farm every year in the '70's. Guess I'm just used to driving over them with anything from Cubbies to combines. I'm more worried about tree roots getting inside the tiles and growing and plugging the drain field than them collapsing or freezing. I think it was winter of '93 or '94 We had a solid week of 35-below nights and 20-below days without problems. Even Our St. Bernard dog slept inside that week!

I know the neighbors west of Me don't have a couple places tiled.....they have two ponds behind their house that must cover 5 acres of corn EACH! 200 bushel/acre corn at $8/bu I think I could figure out some way to drain those ponds!

125 w/48" deck- I broke the ear off the center spindle of the mower deck where the bolt goes through. I have a rusted out 36" deck laying around. I know the the center pulley is different but before I take them both all apart will the center spindle housing from the 36" deck bolt onto the 48" deck? Can I just change the pulleys and be on my way or do I need to find one out of a 48" deck?

Thanks for any help!

Jim M., it looks like (according to the Parts Lookup website) that the center spindle assembly from a 38" or 42" deck should fit, you'll just have to use the pulley setup from your 48" deck. You mentioned you had a 36" deck, not sure what deck that would be???? Did you mean 38" deck? If so that spindle assembly should be the same, you'll just have to swap out the pulleys.

Kraig,

Yes it is a 38". Brain fart. I did try to look it up but that site baffles me. I can never seem to find what I need. Thanks for the info.

Kraig,
You could always take the siding back off the house??? I'm sure you wouldn't get far before she saw it your way.
Don,
Your wood splitter would have come in handy here... had to use the bench vise to break the beads on the fronts here. The 126 is back on its feet.
88654.jpg

Got some almost perfect 4.8/4/8" front tires and wheels for my 104 at a scrapyard today for $6 total. They charged .30 per pound for the metal weight of the wheels total weight 20 pounds. Made my day!

I don't believe those wheels were originally from a cub. The outside is almost identical to mine but the inside has about an extra 1" collar from the axle hole. The wheels were repainted almost a Terex green color but you can see originally the color was very cub cadet like. Maybe I should buy the rest of them at $3 each, they probably have 20 more. Don't know if I could ever get rid of that many.

Latest posts

Back