Archive through July 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, I know how shops and cub sheds go. Remember mine out west? This one is a mess with a dirt/rock floor. The posts are half rotten so I am a bit slow to put any money in it. However it is a roof over the cubs and tools. Sure miss the old shed.

coffee.gif
I guess I am livin high on the hog, I used my works Hunter tire machine for the rear's on the 128. It also has the adapters to do the fronts.
Kraig, I still have about 3 feet of floor to put down in the house. I am holding out just incase I need the leverage
err.gif
Todd G, looking good man. I guess I need to get the 128 done quick. I can't have said another "Todd" finished his cub before me! Especially a slanty one!(sorry Kraig)

It must be painting season... gotta get the 149 back together...
88659.jpg

88660.jpg

and lastly, use a more substantial paint hook when suspending your s/g....
88661.jpg

way too hot and muggy to paint, let alone work tonight...

well i like my shed again! probably bout 30 by 40 pole barn or so with heat, lights, electrical, insulation, cement floor. cool in summer warm in winter (most times) without usin heat or non existant a/c. air compressor plumbed in to walls too. still gotta fix compressor though. wasnt oiled and locked up, got new but mount has to be made and pulley changed, also broke part of the line. (dropped a tire on a valve) why do people like plastic so much?

Todd H,
Dont think you have to worry about the 126 getting done 1st... I have to start on the 106 this weekend. The 126 was partially taken apart when I got it so its the one I started with but it does need some engine work that wont be completed till the 106 is repainted.
Scott,
Been there before... rear wheel fell just as it was getting its 2nd coat of paint. I made up some new cuss words!!

Todd G., looking good!
thumbsup.gif

Scott, ouch! I used a chain over the shed rafters with bungee hooks into the S/G mounting ears.

88663.jpg

What a day yesterday. went out and mowed with the O and after a couple of cuts around the yard i felt something wet on my left foot! GAS pouring out of the fuel bowl because the shut off screw fell out.(second time this summer) Just wonder how you all keep them from getting lost and leaking.well i think an order from CCS will be next for 2 new bowles for both Originals. Had a few tires picket up yesterday 4 turfs for the 147 and triribs for the O. I hope this humid weather changes soon because now that i got a glass blaster to use the painting of my 129 and the O should go a lot faster
88668.jpg

Don: IIRC, if they aren't forced out, they normally back seat when they're all the way open. Maybe a PO twisted a little too hard. (in 22 years, the only time I've shut the 129's tank off was when I had to remove the tank for some reason...)

Don T, Ken I: There is NO "rear seat". There is a rear seal which is what gets bumped into. When that wears out/dies of old age, there is nothing to hold the cutoff/on screw in place and it vibrates out. The last time I tracked that part down, a replacement cost just a bit more than a whole new fuel bowl assembly from Kohler! Dumb-de-Dumb-Dumb!!...However, B&S makes a replacement, complete, fuel bowl assembly, which is a bit shinier than the original, but otherwise is pretty much the same, a direct swap out, inexpensive and easily available. That is usually what I do an old one starts leaking...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Kendell , i have ordered 2 new fuel bowls from Charlie just now. after every use i had to shut the fuel off because they would drip fuel when not running if i left it open.I can mow my lawn for a lot less fuel usage with the O than my other tractor
(o t )lol.I`am having a heck of a time finding the right t cable for my Original and i don`t want to put something on there that looks and don`t work right. I ask the other day for the measurement to make the spindle covers for my O deck and will wait for the person that has them in the rafters in the back of his shed lol .i can get buy with out them for now but won`t let the wife mow till i have them in place. thanks Guys for all your help with the Cubs that now total 8. Some day i must up date my profile lol
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back