• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Here ya go guys, See what ya can find wrong with this one, if anything, LOL
293738.jpg

293739.jpg

HARRY - News flash for you..... SOME people actually USE their Cub Cadets.... so a smoother ride over a rough yard is appreciated. And engines wear out and get replaced.

IMO, it's an absolute total waste to let a Cub Cadet sit around and not be ran doing some type of productive work.... like they were built to do.

Dennis - you might want to check with Charlie and see if someone is using the 125 in the pics he just posted below
biggrin.gif

Charlie - the right hood latch is in the release position. Course that is ok and really better for storage. Steering wheel might possibly be slightly out of alignment or it could be it's just turned slightly to the right. And, the IH center cap on the steering wheel is 5 degrees out of alignment with the bottom spoke of the wheel. Otherwise, last I heard the unit in the pictures is no longer sitting where the pictures show it, and I'm wondering where it is now.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Charlie,
Only thing I see is the lighter is missing. How can I recharge my phone for more pics??? That is awesome and belongs on a shelf in a climate controlled safe...

Kraig thanks for the pics.

Dennis I don't have a manual for the 123.

I believe there isn't a toolbox under the seat on the 125. Plus I think it has the solid cover over the driveshaft instead of the one with holes. Most of all... it looks so beautiful that I'm jealous.

Harry B. You're almost right about a contest. I LOVE Rick Beems'a answer the best. Truth is... I had to go to work so I coudln't turn the key over and start the 1650. IN other words... as I've always said... "Need more imformation. Supply as much or even over supply us with information about the situation." It is easier to see pictures only even they won't tell the whole story. If someone writes... My 1650 suddenly has developed a lifting problem and I can't get my front blade to lift unless I help it raise however I've no problem going forward or reverse. Please help me...

Now here is where providing a LOT more information is helpful. PLEASE tell us just how your operate or were operating the front blade? Such as... I was simply pushing snow or I was using (BRS) Blunier Ramming Speed (
happy.gif
) and I hit a curb. Let us know how you take care of and a history of the tractor. Did you just get it or have you owned it since new. Did a neighbor borrow it? Like my earlier question about why my 1650 woulnd't start... I provided just enough information to actually confuse a lot of people. Then once your question/problem has been answered/solved... PLEASE respond back and let us know. Like I stated earlier it was another gentleman with fron hydraulic problems that turned out to be the part on his steering column was loose and not the same as Ted Newman's lifting the blade problem. Telling us that we helped solve your problem really makes a lot of people's day. Knowing they were able to help a fellow Cub Cadet person keep their Cub Cadet going.

HarryB- Good point. I will try to explain my situation.

Yes agreed, 'rearend worn out' was not the most accurate description. Well, PO didn't believe in freq oil changing- when I changed filter and Hytran last year it looked pretty poor.
Hydro takes a few moments to start to move the tractor after the lever is moved fwd. Oil level is normal but acts like it is low.
Also, speed creeps which has been covered in the FAQ. The 1250 was described as having a "rebuilt hydro" and the linkage is much better than mine.
Swapping the entire rear seemed like I was killing two birds.. (in thoery).
So, switching the hydro looks like alot more work and parts; roll pins, gasket.. then there is the issue of cleaning the grease off in my below freezing garage.

All the help is much appreciated!!

Charlie, Because I'm lazy and didn't think about it. Beside look at the great entertainment we're getting out of that one question
snacks.gif

David C. I think you meant dis-engaged. engaged is clear forward, at least it is on my NF's

BTW, the extra shim I added to the AQS321 cam quieted it right down!!

Anthony T - hmm, a pic of the 1250 hydro could be worth a 1000 words. I'd like to see the rebuilt hydro. On your 1650 you said hydro takes a few moments to start to move the tractor after the lever is moved forward. That makes me wonder whether you used a correct replacement filter. You do mention HyTran fluid so I'm assuming you did get correct filter and correct fluid. Otherwise, it certainly does sound like a hydro pump and/or trunion/linkage issue. And you're right, it would be hard to perform this work in your un-heated Southern Minnesota garage this time of year. Most of us discover this and keep a spare unit just for these occurrences - what's wrong with the 1250 that it's being relegated to donor use?

Charlie

Nice , I should say real nice looking 125 . I just have one question . why is there a clothes pin below the starter gen above the frame . I first thought what I saw was a ground wire . so could you clear that up for me ?

Hi Marlin
Sorry I didn't get back to you but I just had my left hand operated on and was down for a while. Thanks for all the help( to all that commented). I really like the help but will not be able to work on it for about six weeks. The first thing I will get back at is change the fluid in diff and recheck all linkage again.
Thanks for your help and will be back to pursue this problem
Ted

Ted Newman

When you remove the rear end cover to clean it , check the pump pick up tube area to see if could be blocked . I had one that the gunk would float over and plug that tube when going down hill.it use to slow up the tractor. took me a bit to think of what was up .

Latest posts

Back