• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one tough looking tractor, Mr. B.

That K341 really fills up the engine compartment!

greenthumb.gif

Steve B ,,,,,in regards to a 169 cheater that I may have to build.

I have A 149 roller to use The main thing is finding a good k341... darn pullers are grabing them all up..jeff

Harry, What is that, and what does that say on there?
Had a GREAT Cub Day. Upper 50's in January! Did a lot of misc. in the garage with out the Carhartt's.

Thanks, It has moved on to another owner...made room for a 782......can't complain...of course that 782 has moved on as well...made room for a 2072...it stays!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Tom H and Jeff B - yes it does say Delco (on the top), Remy (on the bottom) and on the 2 lines in the center it says "Made in USA". It is a condenser. I know IH used S/G's and Volt Regulators by Delco but I thought the condenser was a Kohler provided part. So, am I correct this is a replacement condenser??? Here's another pic:
234887.jpg

Steve B - now on that "Cheater 169" I know what you mean about the steering wheel, and I had to do some "fanag'lin" on my muffler as well - here's a pic of my wheel (but I had to put the muffler at the bottom of the page):
234888.jpg

Couple things tho - I thought the engine shroud for a 14hp was smaller than a 16hp. Did you use the flywheel off a 14 or remove the ring gear from the AQS so the 14 would work?

Also, here are a couple things your Cheater is probably missing:

234889.jpg

234890.jpg

Muffler Special:

234891.jpg

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(you can always breath longer life into them)

Jeff, I am one step ahead of you. I have the 169 chassis still looking for a K341 to put in it. Last owner tried selling it as a 169 until I looked it over good and it only had a K241 in it. The mistake he made was showing me his 100 puller and the new engine he just built over the winter to go into it. A nice looking K341 was sitting on the floor. I only gave him half of what he wanted for the tractor and mower. I put a K321 in it for now until I find the right engine.

Wes we are not that far from each other, so watch for 2 of the k341s and I will do the same.

In reality I would like a true 169 but then I that might take a while.

Jeff and Wes - here are a couple pics of what my GPS zeroed in on. The hood and seat are pretty rough on the first one, but the 2nd one has a decent hood. Ooh, and both units have tags like the last pic.
(under edit - I don't know what happened to the pics so I'll try again on the next thread).
Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Latest posts

Back