• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carb question

i am rebuilding my walbro carb off the 1650 appears to be a stuck needle seat as gas overflowed thru carb when trying to start engine - which appears to have just started after i changed to the proper fuel filter.

already soaked an cleaned out carb which was very clean to begin with,

my question is do i really need to remove the welch plugs or do i leave alone as i really do not want to mess with these if i do not have to

Charlie P. 15U hydro gasket/oil seal repair kit. Different seals are provided for the different shaft sizes available.
234815.gif

The glare in the picture makes it hard to read exactly what kind of oil filter is on it though.

Off to work... Ya'all have a wonderful day.
happy.gif

George C,
All of the sucessful cargb rebuilds
i have done over the year involve R&R'ing the welsh plugs... You just can't guess what gunk those are hiding, IMHO... Your over flow issue is 100% needle/seat/float related, though..

Have a 149 Cub with a bad engine, crank has been turned, bored to 20 over. Can you buy a short block? What new engine would fit?

Art,
Welcome to the forum!
WELCOME.gif

New shortblocks are NLA from Kohler, and if you can find one, they will be expensive... Try giving one of our sponsors above a call, you seem to be smack dab centrally located between them all. They will ship you a complete engine reasonably priced, or the new parts to rebuild yours... sounds like you only really need a crank...

Dennis F. and Dave R,

A QA36A will also blow tilled soil. Dad used his to remove the topsoil from a garage addition he was building. He would till it with the tiller, and use the blower to remove the freshly tilled soil, down about 6 inches.... worked well, and as also stated, faster than a shovel.

Scott "N",
Sound like a good way to shine up or <u>destroy</u> asnowthrower. Better hope there's no rocks in the dirt.
My Dad used to have a Barber Greene "Bucket Laoder" like this, but the real thing. That machine worked great!!
234833.jpg

Harry, <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

From my experience I used a 2 paddle with a 1450 for at least 10 years, and thru all types of snow in CT winters. I never used the thrower until I restored it including complete disassembly, new auger bearings, needle bearings on the chain sprocket, and tear down inspection of the right angle gear box (but the bearings and gears ended up being in great condition). I straightened the auger blades and had some touch up welding done where the auger connects to the paddles. Also, I cleaned and removed all rust before priming and painting with correct IH (CCC) white paint (was not aware of the graphite paint at that time). It always worked perfect when I used it over the 10+ years. Every snow is different and you have to figure out each time exactly how to work it, but always always always run as fast (tractor speed) as you can, at full throttle so the auger is at top speed. Most of the time the snow would throw about 15-20 feet, but the lighter stuff would go about 30, and yes I actually measured the distance a few times due to these same type of discussions. Sometimes the heavier wet snow would only throw about 6 to 10 feet, almost as if it were a water arc it was so wet.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">Would that be this snowthrower?</font>

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Bryan D. McMeen - C.C. 1450 in Barrington, IL (Bmcmeen) on Tuesday, April 27, 1999 - 04:25 pm:

OK folks, I scanned in those snow-throwing pictures for Harry, so here they are:<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

234835.jpg

234836.jpg

234837.jpg

His caption:

These are from the last substantial snowfall and it was extremely wet and heavy. The QA still threw it about 10' as you can see in the pics. Also, you can tell the drive is quite clean as well so it works GREAT.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Charlie P - with regard to your Pump WTH, I suspect the PO had one of the infamous hydro drips. He/she probably changed the filter a few times, and then came up with the hair-brain idea of the new line. Talk about kinks/bends/twists tho!!!! Another possibility is the PO disconnected one end of the line to drain the fluid (since there is no drain plug on a hydro rearend) and broke the original line. Or maybe the PO bumped/broke/cracked the original line and this was an attempt at replacing it. It could do as a quick or temporary fix. I remember back in my early days having to wait as long as 3 weeks for some parts to arrive. Or maybe the local dealer informed the PO the original line was NLA, and maybe didn't tell him the newer line style would work. If I tried a little harder I may come up with a few more possibilities for your WTH. On the unfortunate side, if this was an attempt to fix the infamous hydro drip, we all know it wouldn't and the actual repair is to replacing that cork mounting gasket. (I wanted to throw that in for all those not familiar with the hydro drip).

Kraig "The Keeper" - you know, I was thinking about those pics!!!!! YES that's the thrower!!!You're absolutely GREAT!!!! You can see the snow coming out the shute fairly well in the 3rd pic, and as I noted then, that was heavy wet snow (you can tell for certain since the driveway is wet annd black where the snow has been blown). Hey just thought I'd mention again Kraig that "You're absolutely GREAT!!!!"

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Hey just thought I'd mention again Kraig that "You're absolutely GREAT!!!!"<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif
feint.gif
blush.gif

just had to brag:
went to an auction his past weekend and bought a brinly plow still in the box with a wheelhorse snow blade for $65 neither have been mounted.

i am thinking about modifying the wheelhorse blade into a back blade anyone ever done anything like that before or have any ideas about it ?

thanks
chris

One of the sponsers now lists Danfoss 15U seal kits on their website. All Seals, Gaskets, and O'rings needed to tear down and reassemble the Hydro unit. Might need to order a new cork gasket to get it all! Anyway, support our sponsers they make this site possible!

Does anyone know the weight of a cub 100? Also I would would like to buy some baby moon hubcaps for my 100, is there a place to get some new ones? The IH caps are nice but cost a bit much for me. Thanks for any info.

Hey guys - my son removed this from a Model 100 and wanted to know if it was OEM. I don't think it is. Can you help me out here?

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
234852.jpg

Harry,

RE:169 "Cheater"

Started life as a clean 109 and rough (very early) 1650 with 13 fin engine. Added hyd lift, 149 engine tin, carb (149 donor had a 30 carb), coil, etc. Muffler was one of the last NOS out there, exhaust elbow was new Kohler, and the heat shield was a Hoefler reproduction.

Hour meter was added with a 2" hole saw....

Air cleaner was a M18 cover that was also carefully introduced to a hole saw....

234864.jpg

234865.jpg

234866.jpg

234867.jpg

Tractor....

234869.jpg

234870.jpg

234871.jpg

234872.jpg

234873.jpg

BTW, yeah, it's the wrong steering wheel, but I liked those better
happy.gif