• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark G., here's how the Quick Attach spring clips go in.

76456.jpg

76457.jpg

Kraig,
You beat me to it. Got busy at work and was about to post, but refreshed before and viola... the pics are already there.

Mark, of course you need to remove the lever first and then install the springs and re-install the lever. The bottom pic shows the lever already in place.

Kraig:

We went from 46 to 4 overnight - I thought we had it bad (-17 ?? Brrrrr!!!!). Winds came up here about 11:00 P.M., as usual for our dear old Consumers Energy <font face="courier new,courier"><font size="-2">(they let homeowners plant trees along the power lines and apparently don't have a right-of-way clearing program anymore)</font></font> we lost power about 12:30 A.M., just got it back around 12:30 P.M. (Thank God for all the linemen everywhere - clearing broken trees and re-running lines in the middle of the night with 45 MPH winds at 4 degrees or less - THANKS !!!) Ran from about 7:00 A.M. on 35 year old 5 KW Generac - The 129 did it's duty dragging the generator to the house and back to the barn. Starting drill at 4 degrees was just as we've talked.
Graeme : watch out ! - Cold air sinks and you're on the bottom....

Kendell, yow a 42° drop! Bummer about your power, good to have you back! Hmmm, maybe Brendan's wife mowed a major power cord...
lol.gif
Thankfully I have not had to use my old 4000XL Generac generator recently, for emergencies that is. When we first bought our house in the early 90's we had frequent power outages so we bought the generator, since then the power has been quite stable, go figure.

Kraig- Getting ready to put springs on also!! Are there 2 springs per side? (As on you last pic) Minor yet important. Thanks.
beerchug.gif

Well,,,, I told the"higherpower" that as soon as I got a tractor out to blow snow, it would start again. As soon as I pulled the 127 out of the shed,,,,,, I looked up, and shur enuf SNOWFLAKES!!! At Least it's seat time, but at 4 above it's Brrrrrrrr. Wonder if she just wanted me out from under foot?
lol.gif
!!!

Lyle, no just one per side. The guy that took that photo (I forget now who it was that took the photos) glued one to the side to show the positioning of the spring.

Hey Jerry B,
You better be getting ready for the snow!! We're supposed to get around 5-8" tomorrow afternoon.

I have my 1450 with blade at work and told them if I could store it there this winter I would clean off the sidewalks when it snowed. So, I guess I may get to play tomorrow!!

Afternoon guys . i have a release valve leak on my 149.or called hydro release valve, these valves are they interchangeable from different models. is the valve for a 129 the same valve as a 149? thanks DonT
coffee.gif

Tom Smoker....Welcome to the Forum....If you have any more questions drop me an e-mail....
I live in New Carlisle and am always looking for new ways to get out of the house and talk cub...

Hey Charlie ...you awake???
or just out picking up your newest Toy???

Kraig,
Are those clips still available? Geez, my 149 has had a big honkin' spring run from the bar to the hood hinge for at least 30 years.... LOL

Scott, I believe that they are. Part number: IH-402344-R3. I entered that number in the Parts Lookup and it didn't come up as NLA so I can only assume it's still available.

Kraig and Ken, thanks for the info. It is an Original. Now I can start collecting parts to complete it.

Kurt R., Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it.

can someone tell me how to remove the steering wheel off an Original? i have sprayed and pryed on it nothing is happening

Timothy D.,

FAQ # 13

CUBFAQ# 18b

Also Richard C's method:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Posted by Richard Christensen on November 25, 2001:

Here is a method I use to remove stubborn steering wheels. Similar to the method in the FAQ but I use a small air hammer which you can purchase usually for less than $10.00.
1. Get a 4 inch 3/8 threaded bolt and cut the head off,
2. Lock two nuts approx 2 inches from one end and another nut placed where the clip of the air hammer will hold the bolt.
3. Back the Steering wheel nut out to the end of the threads.
4. put a washer on the end of the bolt with the two nuts and place it down the center of the steering shaft.
5. Place the air hammer on the end of the bolt with the nut adjusted to allow movement of the air hammer.
6. Put your knees under the steering wheel and pry up. You can operate the air hammer with one hand and pull up with the other hand. I like this method as no chance of hurting the steering shaft threads and missing with the hammer. This works on all my wideframe cubs. I don't know if earlier cubs had the same hollow steering shaft.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

76459.jpg

Keith, as soon as the weatherguesser quits lying to us I am ready. Want to race snowplows? If it quits the 149 is a quick changeover to the blade and the seat is warmer.

Hey Rich, when you talk to the "Higherpower" again, tell him to send some snow my way in SE Penna. The first year I am completely ready for the snow, we get nuttin'. The plow is on my IHC 582, wheel weights, chains plus I even have it in the garage, all nice and dry. I knew we would not get any snow once I put the plow on in Nov. and was all prepared.
sad.gif

Latest posts

Back