• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 28, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right, that could be an issue. A friend of mine might have some round fenders and a fenderless 123 that could mock up.

Tony H. -

In your picture of the rear of an 82 series, you have a flat three wire (I think) plug hanging above the hitch. Can you tell me what you power with that?

I didn't think the 15 amp stator on those Kohlers could power much more than the tractor lights. I hope this statement is not true.

Remember this?
I think it's a 123 with round fenders.
283183.jpg

283184.jpg

Good morning Brian.
Yes, that is a 4 prong Trailer harness. Cub lighting alone draws about 8 amps.
I just added rear lights to this 782 for snowplowing in the dark. While I had the harness hanging I decided why not add a trailer plug. It currently has no specific use but I wired it in with the toggle switch for my new rear lights such that the harness for trailer 'running lights' gets energized when I turn on the Cub lights. I took the Right and left Directional/brake light wires and wired them into my new Rear flood lights. I figured that if I'm chugging down the sidestreet with a trailer Running Lights would be nice. The Alternator should handle that ( about 10 amps I figure). If I'm in the dark and need to see behind me better, I toggle the New flood light switch and it will give me additional lighting at the back of the trailer too. At that point I'm probably pushing the 15 amps but I don't expect to ever have to do this for more than a few seconds.
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/22774/266473.html?1390447329

Tom, I agree, the taller tunnel (due to the Hydrostatic pump's height) on the 123 would be the main issue with fitting round fenders. But should be doable with modified mounting brackets. Then the issue is how do you mount the seat if you remove the flat fender/seat mount bracket? Here's a 125 (nearly the same as a 123 in this area) with the fenders removed, for a visual aid.

283186.jpg

Hmmm, the seat support from a 70/100/71/72 or 73 might fit. Or it might not be to hard to fab a similar piece. You would have to address the change in height so that it didn't look odd. Here's a photos of a 123 from a service manual. The deflector may or may not be on all 123s and was not used on the 1x5 and later series.

283188.jpg

Kraig,
Looking at that photo I think the fenders would "bolt up" but the pan seat might have to be used instead of the 123 seat setup.

Tom, I agree on fender mounting. I bet a custom frame cover/seat mount could be fabricated that would appear to be taller but the mount for the pan seat spring could be recessed to allow for the spring height. Make sense?
dizzy.gif
dunno.gif

The easiest way would probably be to modify the 123 fender/seat support by cutting it as in the photo below. One might be able to mount the pan seat using a custom base plate and a set of the lower profile 1x8/9 seat springs spaced closer together.
dunno.gif

283190.jpg

TONY H. - If you're careful you can run a bunch of electrical stuff with a CC. My 72 has two non-OEM headlights, four tail-lights plus a white work light on the same tail light circuit but on it's own switch, also not OEM, AM/FM/Cass. radio, even has an instrument light over the amp gauge, and an hour meter stuck in out of the way. I want to put more gauges on it, an analog tach like Dave Kirk sells, exh gas temp, head temp, oil temp, they would all be lit up too.

My 982 has OEM head & tail lights, plus a lighted amp gauge and wide angle side lights mounted under the foot rests for mowing after dark, plus a rear work light on the side light circuit.

I have a Group 26 car battery in the 72, I can run all the lights for a l-o-n-g time without getting a dead battery, but the 982 has the standard garden tractor battery, 325 CCA, barely big enough, but that's all that fits under the seat.

Latest posts

Back