Archive through January 28, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry sorry, I'll change my answer. if your gonna put a clevis on the hitch make sure it's bolted on good.
happy.gif

Dave, I've used both the clevis as on my SO76 with a clip and the bolt type like Art has on his 100 in the photo below. Never had a problem with either style. I forgot that I've used the lower rear lift points as tie spots as well, note my Original in the upper left. Say, I believe that's my clevis that Art has in his 100, hmmm, I wonder if I ever got that back...
1a_scratchhead.gif
lol.gif

184751.jpg

Don, Art has a very rare <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> upholstered optional seat that he had reupholstered ($$$$$) that he uses on the 100. He didn't want it installed for the road trip as rain was forecast and he didn't want it to get wet, think wet foam... now think of sitting in a wet foam set...
blush.gif
This reminds me of yet another trailering tip, if you have a pan seat with a padded cover, remove the padded cover before you start out as it WILL fly off, just ask Art about his first trip out with his Plow Special...
roflol.gif

Kraig
yep I see and well I won`t say what happened to me. later Don
whistling.gif

Don't know about these little guys but on big tractors or vehicles the state of IL. says to cross the chains.
happy.gif

Dave Ross
Its law here also for big gear.But its not a bad way to go. I have a 14 ft tandem cub hauler and this spring I will add tie downs to the planked deck and will allow for a crossed set up for tie downs. I had a snow blade move in transit and that wear though a tie down strap.I did stop and check my load after a few miles and found the strap gone. I could have lost a tractor. So always safety first now. later Don T

Kraig-
I'll count my clevises (clevi?) this weekend. If I have have 4, then NO I do not have yours.
happy.gif

<font size="-2">If I have 5 I may still say I do not have yours...</font>
wink.gif

Art, it's entirely possible that the one in the photo was/is your's.
dunno.gif
I do know that I had purchased several new black "clevi" just like that one around the time of RPRU.
happy.gif

I know it's difficult but it's so important to properly use and store your clevi. <font size="-2">this could go south quick</font>

Latest posts

Back