• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right now with winter in full swing still i have a qa42 mounted on the tractor. i have removed quite a bit of snow so far which is how i know that it has plenty of power. i have loaded it down on more than 1 occasion and it performs with plenty of guts. as far as the oil come out of the breather, maybe it will go away after a good 25 hours or so. maybe it still isnt fully broken in yet. except for that slight knock and the oil noticed at the breather im very pleased. i know the knock isn't coming from the rod, so im not too worried about that.

if the oil coming out of the breather doesnt go away, i dont think im going to worry about it too much.

i also ordered a new dipstick since the one that i have doesnt fit tightly anymore. the metal top is supposed to be welded to the dipstick which it isnt anymore and i think the rubber seal/grommet has seen better days, i dont think its sealing anymore

I decided to make a video of the 73. I might try it again with another HD camera some other day. My phone's video is 240P
sad.gif

The 73 sure does purrrrrr after the rebuild!
Shift.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LVOb6AkcoM

220311.jpg

I'm kinda surprised. You guys have "plow day", why not "snow day"?

Hi Everyone-

Am I correct to assume that it is OK to remove the runners off of a QA36A snowthrower to obtain a closer to the pavement removal of snow?
1a_scratchhead.gif
When they are on, there is still about 1/4 to 1/2 inches of snow left. I removed the runners and it removed the snow nicely but it is a little more bumpy.
stupid.gif

Thanks!

thumbsup.gif

Terry, sounds great. 73's were a lower production model.(7,678) I sure like my 73,but I seem to like them all.
Wonder why some 7hp models have taller air filter covers, than others? Were they a replacement from a 8hp? When was a change made from I.H. yellow to I.H. white wheel weights?
I've seen both colors on both models.

Rodney,
The white wheel weights were meant for the front of yellow and white Farmall Cubs. If that's what the dealer had in stock that's what you got. I like the white better than yellow anyway. Matches the wheels better I think.

J.B. The runners serve several purposes

To keep loose rocks/material being picked up, to protect the bottom scoop portion of the housing from wear.

I made a set of ski type for mine so I would not pick up rocks in my gravel drive.

220314.jpg

Thanks Jeff. I guess I am not wanting to shovel snow after I use my snowthrower. It kind of defeits the purpose.

JB What type of drive surface do you have?, Black top, cement that is smooth or rough?

In the end after removing runners I would keep an eye on the cutting blade below for wear,
and it can be flipped once if it wears.

Latest posts

Back