• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,
I see your curiosity about the email post is kinda like mine about, lets see, Geezers garage and lounge.
Eddie B.

Hmmmmm, I think I see what's going on here. Didja ever think that maybe I didn't send whatever it is you THINK I sent?

How many times have we discussed e-mail viruses/spam that LOOK like they're coming from someone but are actually coming from someone else?

I did a little research in the belt book at work
(NAPA) and came up with something interesting.
On these smaller pulleys on the throwers, I assume you guys are using a shorter belt. If so,
are you using a "4L" series or an "A" series?
The A series has a deeper V which would give the
belt more traction in the pulley. They also make
the "AX" series which is the same dimentions but is a notched belt like the OEM snowthrower belt.
This would allow the belt to flex better around the smaller pulley (which is what they are designed for). The A and AX belts are numbered by
inside circumference rather than outside. Any NAPA or other parts store that sells Gates belts can get them but will probably have to order them.
Have them look it up in their book to get a belt with the outside circumference you need. IIRC
an A or AX27 is 29" outside. I plan on using one if I decide to put the smaller pulley on my QA42A. I'm not sure I want to yet, because it seems to work my 12hp pretty good now with the type of snow we usually get and I'm not sure it will have enough power with the smaller pulley.
Plus I have only had to use it once this year so far (very unusuall) and haven't worried too much about it.

Under edit; I'm not suggesting that these would necessarily be a good substitute for the OEM CC
belt when used with the stock pulleys, but may be a longer lasting alternative when using a smaller pulley.
(Message edited by tmarkle on January 29, 2005)

(Message edited by tmarkle on January 29, 2005)

It should also be noted that anyone that wishes to give Gates their e-mail address can download any of the Gates catalogs in PDF format.

Of course, that would require reading, and we know how well THAT goes over around here.
lol.gif

Farmall Gray,
I used a Type A 1/2 x 29" Gates green belt PN/4L290W made in France, Grrrrrrr
It lasted for about 15 minutes, went and got a Green Gates that had USA stamped on it and I went for 4 hours with no problems.

Hey guys, Columbas Power Show today and tommorrow, anyone else going to be there but me tomrrow?

Charlie or other cab literate cubbers,
From what i can tell the first and the second picture are the same model cab. Is the roof solid? It looks like it is. Does it have a hinged door or snaps on a canvas door? A canvas door might be tough to open and close. How much weight would this add to the fenders?
The next picture (the one with Charlie getting in, when he was younger) Looks like the roof is canvas and the door is solid. However the bottom of the door is a bit high. If a tall guy was trying to get in his knees would pop him in the chin. What type of frame would this cab use?
The next one looks like a wind breaker. It also looks like you need to climb on from the back. Is that true? Or do the doors open?
The red one looks like it has good doors and a solid top. Is it an IH unit?
The last one looks like the roof is canvas. Like the third one Charlie is getting into. I would have to assume the door is on the right side? If not how do you get in?
After looking at the picture I would have to pick the second cab as my first pick and the red cab as my second. Do you have model numbers or product names for these units?

Hello again. Big old heat wave here, 33 out this afternoon, after 12 below the previous night.
Question time, I was searching the forum for some info on getting rid of the slop in my steering on the 123, way too much play at the top of the steering spindle, haven't knocked it apart to see if its wear in the spindle itself or just the pin, as I don't have another spirol pin handy but with everything else I'm finding about the old thing, it probably ain't the cheap solution. I have a 2 part question, and it ain't in the FAQ, as far as I can see, for parts interchangability on different model numbers. One, will a 125 spindle assy be a drop in swap to the 123? And second, I saw a reference to a "super-steer" modification that looks like it must swap out the smaller spindles for a newer style. Couls someone elaborate on what this entails? Thanks.

i thought i might throw this out to cut down on my trouble shooting time. may 149 has a whistling noise which seems to be coming from the front of the engine. i thought that it might be a bearing in the starter/generator but i ran it with the belt off and i still hear the noise. the clutch "innereds" are off the unit. all that is there is the "basket" and the bearing on the end of the shaft. there does not seem to be any perceptable play in bearing. any ideas?

Terry B. -

The second picture is my cab.

I would highly recommend removing ANY cab in spring and putting it back on before it snows. Especially the Deluxe Cab (see, Charlie already posted the name). Since it's all steel with a safety glass window, it's heavy and will flex the fenders as it rocks from side to side. The vinyl coated canvas doors have a latch - unlatch then fold them back like a shower curtain.

No sense in giving part numbers, ALL of them are NLA. You'll have to hunt for a used one.

Need some help.
My Son, Steve wants to build a copy of a 40 Box Scraper for a 4H welding project this year. Can someone post or email me some pictures and dimensions?

Thanks for any help.

very probable. head gaskets like to blow out the front when they go.

Heres a project for Bryan
destroy.gif
. Since he has so much extra time on his hands. How about setting the map up so when you put the pointer on a pin it tells you the name of the individual & his e-mail thats there.
dizzy.gif
, that would rock
buttrock.gif
as Mr. Dunham would say
guitarist.gif

only kidding

Don -

roflol.gif

I'd be MORE than happy to share the PTM file with anyone that wants to cough up the $200 or so for Microsoft Map Point. Then they can click on pins, change their colors and even move them around all they want!

But, for the same reasons Bob and I don't publish our membership list (that is, e-mail addresses), I don't store the e-mail addresses in the map.
wink.gif

Spent part of the weekend in "Schweizer-ville"......now I have to unload all of that heavy stuff out of the back of my truck!!!! (It would be easier just to leave it in for weight in the snow until I need it
happy.gif
happy.gif
!!!

BTW, whatever Travis puts in his salsa sure made a difference in the trip home......I got 2 mpg better mileage from the o-natural' "octane boost" that stuff provides...........yowzza!

Steve,
Kinda' like giving a "sniff of either" to a running Diesel engine?
bazooka.gif

Latest posts

Back