• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2 cents on the plow thing I like putting the cc 70 in second and dropping the plow then sit back and enjoy the ride ....{ and watch all the hydro guys mess with the speed control lever...

Tom R,
What! You don't like the answers that all those guys on the Registry have given you for the last 2 days?????????

(Message edited by cproctor on January 28, 2005)

Tom R.

I am not going to pile on, but Roland B over on the registery had your answer.

I would add though you don't need to limit your seach for hydro parts only to the 782. 982's have for the most part the same stuff. The hard lines on the 982 may be longer in lenght, rock shaft is different on 982, but valves, pumps, cylinders, quick connectors are the same.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a ported pump from any wide frame (with hydraulics) should work.

Well, clearing the hydrants in the neighborhood with the Cub paid off this morning.... a neighbor's house caught fire this morning, in the basement they say. everyone made it out ok...

Clear those Hydrants!!

Friendly Cub PSA

Tom,
I am preparing to have someone send me the parts to convert my 682 to hyd lift. I was lucky and found someone that has everything i need used. You could look into getting a junked 782 or 1811.

thanks for the info on the plowing speed! Anyone out there have any pics of tiller/plow attachments and how they are attached and powered? yes I know the plow is powered by the cubs pull.
biggrin.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a ported pump from any wide frame (with hydraulics) should work.---jpatchett

Thats why I am asking a whole lot of people I think any hydralic rearend would work but I'm not sure????

Rob D. -

Only reason we have to mess with our hydro levers is cuz some gear-jammer has to stop, realize he can't get his manual-lifted plow out of the ground, back up, lift the plow, clear the trash, then put the plow back in then get moving forward again...
lol.gif

Test 1 2... Is this thing on?

Thanks everyone for the info and the pictures on the snow thrower and the chute rotator. Great ideas. I am going to start with cleaning the chute. I did check the inside and it was painted but never sanded smooth. I will let you know the next time I use it.
Thanks again
Earl

Phew, that was quite an update to the membership map.

Don't forget to look at the map page and send in the requested info if you'd like to be included on the map. But please, if you've already sent it in, DON'T resend it. I've had folks send requests 3 or 4 times even though they're already on the map.

I update it when I can, at least once a quarter.

Looks like we have cubbers in every state on the map except Oregon, New Mexico, Nevada, Vermont and North Dakota. Maybe we need a plow day in those areas.....
joker.gif

Tom R and Jim P , I believe a 982 is a dif. pump + there prety few and far in between to find parted. lots of 782 ,882 ,1811 ,1812,and others plentyfull for parts.

Bryan ,I think Ranger Bucks gonna poof ya for the test post???? hehe

I'm having trouble keeping the chute on my QA36 pointing in the direction I want it. It tends to turn straight ahead. I don't really see a way to tighten anything down to prevent this. Any ideas????

John

John G,
Loosen the nut on your chute turner, tilt it down where it sets closer to the ring on the chute and tighten it back up while holding down pressure on it, that should do it. You might have to adjust it a little one way or the other.
25360.jpg

poof.gif

<font color="ff0000">Ah, nothing like burning ads on a cold winter's morning...</font>

Eddie B,
You got a nasty email?
You want a nasty email?
Or you want to send a nasty email?

What you talkin bout Willis??? grin

Kraig and/or Charlie,
I've seen a few pictures of a cab with canvas sides. Is that cab a IH manufactured unit? Is it easy to install and remove? I've seen the hard sided cozy cab and it looks cumbersome. Is the door canvas or ridged. Is there a lid or roof? Pictures would speak a thousand words.
Thanks,

Latest posts

Back