• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 25, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Ted, part #4 is the one that the bolt (not pictured) goes through. This may have just came loose allowing the shaft to rotate in the link where it clamps on.

293649.gif

Is part numbered "12" pictured below the same part in the IH Hydraulic Angled Blade Attachment package for the IH 42 and 54 inch push blades? I'm trying to figure difference between the two hydraulic cylinders.

What would I be looking for to install front hydraulics to my 1450?

John,
You could look for a dual hydraulic setup off another quietline with the dual valve, dual handles, and the front lines/females couplers. These come up for sale every once in awhile but can be harder to find. You could also find a dual valve off a later cub 782/ 1872 etc. and make it work with some mods/fabrication on your part.
beerchug.gif

Also, #12 below is different than the cylinder used on the front blades.

Jeff,
Any chance to draw your cub cadets yet? Are ya gonna go red or yellow? I'm sure they'll turn out great. If not, you could always say your grandkids did them.
err.gif
beer2.gif

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your help . I checked and it's fine If I really pull on the arm on outside of frame where rod is connected to plow I can up the blade. Is it possible I may be low on oil in diff? I took out relief valves and no leaks and seem to be working ok .

Ted, How long has it been since the hyd oil & filter was changed??

If you have no idea and if have owned the rig for some time, I'd plan on that 1st off

Ted N. You may have an oil filter that may need changing or a plugged by pass valve. It's hard to dianose without personally inspecting your tractor so I'll post... Danfoss Power Solutions 15 Series Service Manual CLICK HERE. Scroll to the troubleshooting pages. Please keep us posted. If your tractor goes forward and reverse okay and you say that you have a good linkage all the way through hopefully the manual will guide you. Without knowing the history of ownership of the tractor it is hard to troubleshoot.
happy.gif

Ted N.
Do you have to push real hard to make the blade go down?
If it goes down easy and hard going up, then you have something bent in the linkage.

If the hydro moves fine forward and reverse, it's not a filter issue.

But if all the linkage is correct, it could very well be an internal pressure spring issue, but I'm beating on the linkage or connection problem.

Charlie P. THANK YOU!!! My head isn't thiking clearly tonight.
happy.gif
Just plain worn out anymore.

Ted,

Check the rockshaft roll pins as well.

Could be a broken implement lift relief spring in the hydro.

Dave S.

Unfortunately #12 is not even close to the other cylinders.....but it does work well on the tail wheel of a semi-mount plow
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Marlin:

Thank you so much for the link to the Danfuss #15 Service Manual. I downloaded it to my hard drive. I hope I never need it, but one never knows.

I need to be very careful and complete about loosening up that new(to me) 782.

Brian Wittman

I saw Tim's 1963 Cub Cadet Original with M&W 9 speed transmission that sold. What is that? I know having the creeper gear makes the tractor a 6 speed forward. What is the 9 speed about? Thanks. Brad.

M&W 9-speed was an under drive and overdrive. Top speed was around 10 mph.

Ted...I'm with Mr. Blunier...Caleb's 1650 had the same issue last Winter not wanting to pick up the blower..or I mean the thrower...The roll pin had wormed itself out and was in peices in the rock shaft and holes.cleaned everything out ,installed new...fixed it up....just my 2 pennys!!

Does anyone make a two stage snow thrower for a Cub Cadet 1250 or would it be possible to modify a 2 stage snow thrower for use on a 1250?

David W., the only snowthrowers that were made to fit the 1250 were single stage. You would have to modify a 2 stage snowblower to fit. Not sure what model or brand of snowblower would be best/easiest to modify. Possibly a late model, (from say around 2002), Cub Cadet snowblower like a model 190-341-100 42" snowblower which was made to fit the 2000 Series of Cub Cadet garden tractors. Or the 190-823-101 42" snowblowwer that was made to fit the 1000 Series Cub Cadet.

Good cub weekend out here in the pacific northwet. I finally got to try out the 123/dozer blade combo. First I used it to grade and fill the hole at the entrance to my drive way, then push some horse poop over the hill.
293686.jpg

Here's a video that some of you might like showing the 123, 106, and the thing that crawls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGgzROXXDKQ

Back