• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 25, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug,
Great video! I love that crawler.
buttrock.gif

Doug, very nice! I like the Magnatrack, I've wanted a Struck crawler for decades. I think I would have to have an ROPS on it though.

Shultzie, me too.

Kraig. I'd like to build roll cage for it, but so far I haven't had the time. fabricating a new front end loader for it ate up a lot of time last year.

Storm of the decade coming....

chains? - Check!
Double weights? - Check!
Front Snow Tires? - Check!
Full Gas Tank? - Check! Gas can too!
Blade? or Thrower? HMMmmmm.... 24 inches projected.. I think I'll swap over to the thrower. Neighbors already calling asking me to do their walks and driveways. Government has closed all roads as of midnight.. so I'll play with it tomorrow too since I can't get to work.

Doug - I watched the video and looks like the Magnatrack probably wins out, but the 106 Loader did a pretty nice job too, and the 123 with blade - well, what can you say "It's ONE TOUGH TRACTOR" and got the job done too.

Mike F - where you been? Hiding out waiting for snow and then you show up. Well of course switch to the thrower, and get started when you've got about 6-8 on the ground!!! If you end up getting 36" you'll be glad you started early.

Harry B. no doubt the Magnatrac can push a lot of sh*t. But the 123 graded my driveway way easier and faster than then either the 106 or crawler does. Now I wish I had kept the blade for the wide frames.

All you guys in the East who will get hit with the 2 to 3 ft. of snow, good luck and stay safe. Try to get some pics if possible. Here in Northern Il., its freezing rain. Just waiting for the village to call so I can salt our streets and courts in my area. Yeah!!!!!

Doug - the sub-frame you fabricated may still work on the wide frames. You can measure the distance between the long arms at the back and then check that against the wide frame. If the long arms will still mount to the wide frame then I think you just need to fab up some ears for the front if I recall how your current sub-frame ended up for the 123. Basically you just need to put the ears back that were on it but with holes for a rod to go across rather than having the pins sticking out.

All you guys in the east - as Chris requested below lets have some pics of that stuff. We want to see those CC's out there working. Don't worry about brushing the snow off your coats and hats. We don't need to see good pics of the drivers, just the tractors working.

Harry the 123 will be over at my cabin once every thing is done on it. I Just need to put lights on this weekend and it should be done. The wide frame are at home so not real easy to swap the blade back and forth.

Latest posts

Back