• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 25, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanner

displayname
Scott Tanner... Can't even see the Cub in this mess..
Getting ready to reline the brake pads on the 149... Does anyone know if the OEM material contains asbestos? If I need to grind what's left of the original pad off, I need to take precautions... Picked up some material from McMaster....

You know, sometimes you just have to stand back and say, Hmmmm!
184642.jpg

Charlie-
Who's quiet-line is that with the rear blade attached to it?

I think I owned that tractor before..
1a_scratchhead.gif

Art,
I have no idea.
It's on Kraig's #3 CD under Snow and Grader Blades.
You can bet Kraig will know though.
clappy.gif

Pulling the axles out of the rearend on my 149. What is the best way to get out the "C" clips? They look a little hard to get to! Needle nose pliers,magnet?
Thanks,
Mark

Mark G.
I took a long thin screw driver, about 8" long x 3/16" wide. Heated the tip up and bent it at about 60 degrees. Works every time for me.

I have a IH Cadet 125 with a broken rod and damaged crankshaft. Has anybody put a cub cadet 1641 motor on a 125?

PAUL B., Dave - Funny how topics come up sometmes. Was a conversation going on @ RPM about casting date codes also.

One thing that wasn't mentioned there since most of the castings for a LVL '53 Super M were so much bigger, and also made at FARMALL, was that another number would also appear on the part sometimes. On smaller castings it's real common to make more than one casting in the mold. Knowing the size of castings LVL was able to make I'd say everything on a CC was able to be at least two if not 4, or more castings per mold. Each pattern or impression for a casting would have it's own ID number, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. to help identify which impression on the pattern made the casting so in case something was wrong the correct impression could be inspected.

What's really interesting was that IHC even back in the 1960's was documenting processes, routings, & work instructions in a way TOTALLY compliant to ISO 9001 requirements, and doing it the hard way, without computers!

Think I've mentioned here before IH also was at the "Bleeding Edge" in utilizing technology as it was developed. As always, IH was looking to reduce costs in any way possible, even to the point of deleting the last "E" in the word "employe" in ALL company forms. I heard that alone saved over $200,000/year in 1970 Dollars company-wide!

HI charlie I bought a 1450 with the mower deck locked up,i took the spindle apart and found that there was no spacer between the bearings. I bought a new spacer from cg and now there is excessive play,do i have to machine the spacer or do these spacers come in different thickness. Thanks fred bainbridge

Kolton P.-

It's not worth the trouble. I'd get the crank turned on your current engine and rebuild it. That Briggs engine has no torque compared to the K301, and you'll probably have to cut the frame, change the wiring, etc. and your PTO clutch will not be compatible with your attachments.

Dennis,
People sometime talk about the metal plate with the date they find/found screwed to the side of a casting, and that is really what it is. We have a former LVL Pattern Shop Superintendent in the state IHCC Club, and according to him the date code really was a metal/"tin" plate screwed (or in pattern shop speak "nailed"), to the wooden pattern. The numbers and letter were made of embossed plastic tape from a hand held embossing gun, stuck on the plate. All the plates were changed daily, and I believe he told me that was done at the end of the second shift. You don't find a date code on all of the CC castings, but will find more on the early models than the later models.

Ryan G
Regards to your governor shaft leaking, check to make sure that you reassembled your crankcase breather correctly.

Art, Charlie, that would be Alan Grossmeier's "1850", with an 18hp Briggs & Stratton in it. And yes I do believe you owned it at one time. I wonder what ever happened to Alan G.?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kolton, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
I agree with Matt's recommendations.

Kraig,
I saw it on sleezbay and just thought about how many go to the trouble of selling something and don't have the time to make a descent impression on the people they are trying to sell the item to.
That and the fact that the snow was cleaned up around it, the concrete was dry where the guy did clean and why didn't the snow melt in that square pad around it?
Yea I know, I'm strange!
coffee.gif

Charlie,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Yea I know, I'm strange!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
thumbsup.gif

184646.jpg

Latest posts

Back