• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 23, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Blast from the past!
301783.jpg

301784.jpg

301785.jpg

Attachments

• 301785.jpg
    301785.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 301784.jpg
    301784.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 301783.jpg
    301783.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 301784.jpg
    301784.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 301785.jpg
    301785.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 301783.jpg
    301783.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 147
Thanks for all the helpful info on the 1450/1650. Got all the info I needed to post on the want add side. Hope to be off to a new project soon!

I do believe it's fence/post trimming mower.
I remember seeing a video years ago where the 2 little heads would wrap around post and pretty much trim all around in one pass.

that's one cool weedeater, I was thinking some kind of floor finisher

That poor Original on the fork lift has to be "maxed out" on a bunch of different levels!!!!! They got beat up and cracked frames mowing....can't imagine how it would hold up in that service, even with the strengthening members (it obviously has a substituted heavy front axle)........BTW, how do you STEER IT with a load on????????? Yikes!

Hey Steve! Probably with the steering wheel...
tomato.gif

Attachments

• tomato.gif
    tomato.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 146
Those front wheels on the forklift almost look like my extreme-duty hubs on my IH 782.
301816.jpg

Attachments

• 301816.jpg
    301816.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 301816.jpg
    301816.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 154
That is some neat stuff wish mine had stuff like that. Also does anyone have any ideas for front fenders on 102

I have seen pics of front fenders on a Narrow frame and believe they where posted on here back a few years ago

Steve B, Yah! I mostly agree with your observations on the IH Cub Cadet Original equipped with forklift. I feel this machine would be very practical around the home, farm, and place of business. For unloading the pick up truck, moving items to and fro with a 42" x 45" skid pallet would be darn near useful as our IH yard carts. Maybe if there was a larger diameter steering wheel installed, steering would be achieved much easier. That's about how all things related back in the early 60's were to steer.

Some good eye candy Charlie!

On another note, I'd like to report what happened these last two weeks. Here, in Ohio east, we had a good amount of snow fall. The very first snow accumulation of 3" or so, I went out to the garage to fire off my every trusty IH Cub Cadet 1450 equipped with IH 42" push blade.

Well, the 1450 started at the snap of your fingers, with full choke, on the first crank revolution! No kidding, even in the 5* weather temperature. After a period of warm up, I raised the hydraulic lift control lever, and the blade did not raise up. I always rest the push blade on thin wood to prevent the blade from sticking to the concrete floor, and thus knew the only part that can cause this is that small pin used in connection with the lift lever, and that "chain link" connecting to the single spool hydraulic control valve. The pin was broke in three pieces!

So, after removing all things in the way of access to where I needed to be, I went to my local Cub Cadet dealership to purchase the needed part. The sales clerk was nice to give me two pins free of charge! Awesome! Now by this point, I was obligated to work 60+ hours at my job. By just nit-picking away at the 1450 repairs, another week went by with my tractor down for repairs. I had to call up the snow plow guy by this point.

I finally figured out how to install the pin through the lift lever, and connect the "chain link" to the single spool. However, I bent the lift lever toward the back of the dash panel that retains the factory ignition switch. The lift lever was already bent when I removed it from the 1450. I straightened it out before reinstallation, but the results were the same in the end. I get all this put back together, my 1450 starts and operates the 42" blade as should!

The last delay, for my 1450 snow plowing miss-hap, comes from over thinking on my part. As I had the air filter housing removed from the Kohler carburetor, I decided that now might be a good time to try and do something about a stripped out screw hole in the carburetor that is one of three to mount the air filter housing to. The lower right screw cap hole was the bugger.

I was over concerned about this cap screw vibrating out, and getting sucked up in the intake valve of the K321AQS engine. I thought, a little dab, the slightest of smidgens, on the threads of the cap screw would be a good repair since the little dab was Loc Tite Red thread locker.

Well, long story short about my 1450 being down once more in the heat of battle, came when, after I reassembled the tractor, and let the loc tite cure a day. I went out to the garage to fire up my trusty IH Cub Cadet 1450 in the 2* weather temperature once more. I went to pull the choke, and it was froze open. Not wanting to damage and of the control linkage, I gave up there and went back inside my house.

So, last Saturday, I repaired the froze choke plate by transferring heat to the choke plate shaft with a screw driver, and torch. With the inexpensive help of WD-40, I now have a nice operating choke on my 1450. All back together, and running, operating like new, the weather temperature for the next 8 days in Ohio east, will be in the 40's! The days are getting longer, winter is on its way out in my parts. I will be ready when we get more snow this time!

I seen Charlie has a very nice up-grade for this pin-on type situation! The clamp-on lever will be a nice upgrade to my 1450 this year! I will be purchasing shortly!

My IH Cub Cadet 1450 is an awesome machine!

Nic, because I have seen them on the internet thought it would be neat to make a set of them. I have a couple pieces of flat iron bent into brackets which bolts with the ty rod. So far it is coming good but what to use for material for the fenders.

Thanks Kraig, but I like the traditional style tractor fenders more thinking about making them out of extra roofing tin. It is white and won't need to be painted. Tell me what you guys think and always open to new ideas.

Brady, find a set of flat fenders from a parts 1x2/3 or 1x4/5 and cut to size.
happy.gif

301818.jpg

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 133
  • 301818.jpg
    301818.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 301818.jpg
    301818.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 145
Kraig do you remember the photo of the cub with front fenders?

Jeff, yes I do seem to recall seeing one. When I get into work tomorrow I'll have a look through my archives. I'm presently on a new laptop that does not yet have all my photos loaded up. I feel so lost...
a_blink2.gif

Attachments

• a_blink2.gif
    a_blink2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 151
Hi guys I have a question for you. I have a 1650 and a 149 cub cadet the both of them give me the hardest time starting in winter. Any thoughts I would appreciate the help
Thanks Ed

Latest posts

Back