• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Iowa 70

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making progress with the motor things are beginning to come together.

Motor in.jpg

I am having a real good time putting the motor in the 70, have almost all of the wiring completed. I took a lot of pictures of the process of breaking it all down and have a lot of reference material. Should have taken better notes as to the steps of how everything came apart. Ex amount of things have got to be bolted to that motor before it is bolted down to the frame. I found this out the hard way.

Harness.jpg

Looking great Brad!!
Glad you are enjoying the process.
Good feeling to see it come together again, isn't it?
Did you static time it while still on the bench?

Are you an Iowa Chapter #5 IHCC member by any chance?
We need more Cub Cadet guys. I am one of the few that are NOT big red tractor guys.
The chapter will be hosting the RPRU in Spencer, IA in June of 2024 and planning stages are in motion already. I hope to be part of the Cub Cadet display like RPRU was in Des Moines in 2017.
Our next meeting will be in Nov at Cascade, IA

Last edited:
Looking great Brad!!
Glad you are enjoying the process.
Good feeling to see it come together again, isn't it?
Did you static time it while still on the bench?

Are you an Iowa Chapter #5 IHCC member by any chance?
We need more Cub Cadet guys. I am one of the few that are NOT big red tractor guys.
The chapter will be hosting the RPRU in Spencer, IA in June of 2024 and planning stages are in motion already. I hope to be part of the Cub Cadet display like RPRU was in Des Moines in 2017.
Our next meeting will be in Nov at Cascade, IA
Thanks! It is great to see it all come together. I have always been pretty good at tearing things apart, LOL! I did not static time it but the guy who put the block back together after the machine work said that he had set the points, whatever that means. I may need to get a clrification from him as to what he meant. At this time I do not belong to any tractor clubs, I may have to look into though thanks for letting me know about it.

The points need to break just as the "S" comes up and is centerd in the sight hole on the blower housing.
Easy enough to check with a test lamp.
That is how you set the points
Ask him if he used a test lamp when he "set" them.
A beer says he did not.

http://mgonitzke.net/cubcadet/tools/static_timing.pdf
I cannot take your bet as the guy that set the points is Amish LOL! THanks for the PDF it is much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back