• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glen - I've used this stuff for years even using it for pouring lead into molds I make with it. I use it to make patterns for aluminum casting too.

50317.jpg

and if I need to thin it for pouring I add some of this

50318.jpg

CRAP!
Glen you're gonna get me in trouble 'cause it twernt yeller ! I should have sat the can on top of a cub ...

thanks KENtuck but how do I repair the holes on the corners of my fiberglass dash on my 149?

<font color="ffff00">YA WANT YELOW?</font>}

This is one of my uncles many 149's, he has five, and one 127.

50330.jpg

50331.jpg

50332.jpg

Glen - use fiberglas mat and the resin or bondo will work too if you use a backing. Bondo also makes it WITH fiberglas strands mixed in. (different can, think I still have a 20 yr old can) I chop my own fiberglas and add it if needed. Before you use any type of patch you'll need to sand the area and maybe use a burr to roughen it up. After that clean it good with acetone b4 filling.

GLEN - The fiberglass dash on the 129 I sold last summer was almost in pieces. Right next to the cans of stuff KEN showed, there will be cans marked "FIBERGLASS BOAT REPAIR" With enough sanding, primer, & paint You can make your dash look better than new....I did! It has the large sheet of fiberglass mesh, the brush-on resin. May take a little sanding & several coats but it makes a good repair.

... and use ACETONE ... that stuff is strong so NO SPARKS, FLAMES , SMOKIN !

Here's the old fiberglas reinforced stuff
50344.jpg

You want yeller ? You can't handle yeller !

50345.jpg

50346.jpg

Spent some time on the 100 today.
50353.jpg

50354.jpg

Got the tired motor out and found a funky axle pivot bolt.
50355.jpg

Anyone ever see a voltage reg like this one?
50356.jpg

50357.jpg

It dont look factory to me.
Looks like I will have to pull the rearend out of the frame to get the shift cover off. These short tunnel covers can be a pain once in a while.

Good thing I left a "Get out of bed and answer the phone" message
happy.gif

Ken, you got good fire insurance? I see 10 gal of gas and 5gal of kero. And probabily some acetone someplace too...inside a garage !
poof.gif

Acetylene and 100 pound LP too ! Lacquer thinner , gun powder , saw dust , pot of carb cleaner , mineral spirits , deisel fuel , oily towels , plastic , foam , paper , cardboard boxes ... fire insurance ? Don't need no stinkin fire insurance !

Kraig,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Anthony, just curious, is that paint on your jeans from sanding/grinding that paint old off? Did you wear a dust mask or better yet a half face respirator? If not you should have. Do yourself favor and invest in a good half face respirator to wear when you sand/grind and paint. Or at least wear a dust mask.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 08:42 am, I posted this:

quote:
Anthony, get yourself a cheap 4" angle grinder and a sanding wheel attachment with an assortment of sanding disk grits. Whole setup should only cost about $30 and should last long enough to sand down your tractor parts. Be sure to wear a dust mask.

to answer your questions

P.S. sry this took so long.

50366.jpg

50367.jpg

dust......

50368.jpg

Mask = ]

50369.jpg

And i do use a sanding disk! 80 gritt. I hear thats a little rough but it works for me! And that sanding disk works magic!
I thought i was in love the first time i used a wire wheel to strip paint but i think i have a new love! The only thing that i dont like is the disk gets clogged if you will? or they get worn out. Where my wire wheel on the other hand i have had for oh idk 16 or so projects and its almost time to get a new one.
4"? WOW! Those things are big! If thats the one im thinkin about i think my ag mecanics shop has one. Its a nice mikita(did i spell that right?) one. I think the one i use which is my dads is a 2 1/2" i think. Not shure but in that area.

Im not shure if i need to buy one now. But key word "not shure" My dad came home one day and blew up saying the garage was a mess and told me to get my <u>cub</u> out or he will sell it and to not use his tools. I dont think he cares now but i may just get one for the <u>cub</u> and then when im done i can use it for my shop classes because they are short on money so they only have 3 for 20 students and only buy grinding wheels and no wire wheels so its a bummer.

Yeah i wasent shure if the
ihrotate.gif
paint was led based kuz people told me that it was not and i had also herd people say "oh yeah it might be but its not that bad for you if you inhale it!" l.m.a.o. But i do wear a mask just incase ; ]

Hey charlie!

If you want some yella look at them jeans, sleeves, hands, boots and a little on my beanie

; ]

wave.gif

Ken, didn't they at one time mix gun powder with powdered aluminum and steel for something to do with heavy industrial welding. Guess they fixed it or blew it up!
whistling.gif

Back