• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 18, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope Donald T. You haven't opened a hornet's nest up. We're just expressing our thoughts. Like I stated I'm in the age bracket where I get on the floor and find I need some other tool or the light quit working, etc. Little Fancy can't get the right tool for me because he is busy himself working something. When I fnid myself in that predicament then I figure the "oh well" factor and slowly hoist my body back up to get what I need. I use the theory that if I keep moving it is harder for rigor mortis to set in quicker.

Matthew Pramas
Looking at your picture again I see a nut between the flex disk and the drive plate on your hydro.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I don`t know why that is there ? That nut should be removed so the end of the drive shaft is not pushed ahead.

Marlin, it seems as if your are describing my work around the garage. It is getting harder and harder to move.

That being said, I am on the bandwagon with those who believe that we probably shouldn't be re-engineering that which International gave to us. As others have said, Bill, it is your tractor. You can do with it as you wish. I hope you don't do something to it that you may regret later. Just my two cents, but I can't see why we should compromise our tractors.

I need some advice from someone with more experience than me. I was throwing snow very nicely with my 1450 when it suddenly ran out of gas. It turned over fine before I realized it was out of gas. I put gas in it, and a few minutes later it wouldn't turnover at all. I separated the drive shaft from the engine and it's very difficult to turn the engine. Anyone have any idea's what it could be before I pull the engine out?

I'm heading out in 2 hours to look at a 1450 based on photos the seller sent me. The tractor comes ith a 44" deck that looks like it sat in the rain upside down for some time, a #2 tiller that is complete, a set of IH wheel weights and a non-IH box scraper. It has headlights with it too. The tractor looks like it sat in the weather for a long time too.

I know about iso mounts in QL tractors. What else should I look for? This is the first hydro I have ever seen much less dove or owned. I grew up on a 122, 108 and a 1000 that I now own. It's a 2 hour drive one-way so I want to know what I am getting into. Over the years I have read quite a bit about hydroststic Cub Cadet here and in other places online so I am not completely uninformed. Any advice is appreciated..

Thanks!

Bob, for starters, try and look under the engine oil pan to see if the !SO mounts are good or not and whether or not the engine mount rails are sitting on the cross member. Check to see if the hydro lever will move. It may be rusted solid in the tower bushings. see if all the muffler shroud pieces are there. Try to move the front axle back and forth to see how much slop may be in the axle pin/channel. Try the hydro linkage to see I it moves freely.
Is it a dual hydro by any chance?

Good luck?

Dennis, I have the Gerbing Heated gloves not the Liners.
I ride 12 months a year in Lower NY as long as there is no snow and the roads are clear of salt.

I have not seen the liners in person, from te PIC, they look bulky to fit inside a glove

TONY - I pulled the trigger on a pair of Powerlet RapidFire glove liners this afternoon, hopefully they'll be here this week. My second choice would have been a pair of Gerbing microfiber gloves, something 12V.

I just got in from an hour of playing in the snow with my Thinsulate lined leather gloves plus liners, fingers are fine, but it also was 30 degrees when I went out and 36 degrees now. When it gets down into the 20's is when I start to suffer.

Cold didn't used to bother me as much 5-10 yrs ago. When I push snow I sit on a BIG 12V battery and have some amps left in the alternator I can use, like about 35 of the 37 it's rated for to use to provide heat.

If these elec. gloves work like I hope, I'll have to push snow right when it stops, not wait a couple days till it warms back up.

I remember one day, think I was a junior in HS about this time of the year, had my Amerachi Harley-Davidson 125 CC RAPIDO then, had a windshield on it to break the wind, went for a 20-30 mile ride one afternoon, hands, face, feet, all kept warm, but my legs were still cold 3-4 hours later. Even if they would have had elec. riding gear back then, the meagar 6V charging system on that bike would not have powered much, had a hard time running the lights!

Thanks for the info, I'll let you know how the liners work after I used them a time or two.

I don't run a single Cub cadet that hasn't been modified.......and I like it that way!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

To each their own....that little hole in the frame could be welded back shut if really necessary....and it's not like there aren't scads of narrow frame donor tractors out there to swap frames with. While they aren't making them any more I certainly wouldn't call a narrow frame "extinct"......I pass up good parts frames all the time, because they aren't worth anything...with rarity comes value...so it's not like they are M&W creepers, Haban mowers, or sand trap rakes.

Do whatever you want to with it, knowing you can always fix that frame hole with the "Big Blue Glue Gun"
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back