• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought but mabey it's a good thing the pin bent and not something else.

No i don`t speak french ,but we have an area call the french shore Metagon , acadian. that is the area where they live Digby to Anapolis royal

There must've been one heck uv'a strain on that pin to bend it like that! Could that have been Chinese re-processed steel? Oh wait, that thread is in the Sandbox.

Question for everyone here. I ordered a Kohler part from the local Cub Cadet fellas. They quoted $9.41 + tax for 1 CUB KH-47-411-04 ROD (Push rod for a 12 hp Kohler points). I said to go for it and picked it up yesterday on my way home from work. I about fell over when along with the $9.41 + tax they tacked on an additional ALLIED FREIGHT charge of $6.50. I asked what gives with that freight charge and they informed me that Cub Cadet/Allied is now charging freight on everything ordered and that they are passing the freight charges onto the customers. A couple of years ago I ordered the same piece and was never charged a freight charge. In fact I don't recall paying anything like that last year on Cub Cadet parts ordered. Is this something new from Cub Cadet or what?

I have the 782D engine heater plugged in because I have to use it and the 125/snowthrower to move a couple of big drifts at two of the neighbors. Man oh man... I don't look forward to going out in this c-c-c-cold weather. Fancy went out with me to plug in the Cub and in less than three minutes he was headed towards the house.

I'm definitely thinking about Plow Day 15 on a day like this.

Marlin,
Doesn't surprise me that CCC would do that. You need to find a dealer that is a straight Kohler dealer to order those type of parts. Other option is to order from Madson's and it will be delivered to your door. This is a more cost effective option every day with gas prices the way they are. Even my green tractor dealer is a kohler, tecumseh, and briggs dealer as well. He checks prices and use the cheapest. He can even get a lot of transmission parts from tecumseh that JD doesn't offer.

Jim S-
I'm lovin' your signature line!

75633.jpg

<font size="-2">I made the picture small so Charlie doesn't get too crabby........</font>
rolleyes.gif

John U. Sad part of the whole thing is the dealer is right on my way home. If this is the way that MTD/Cub Cadet will be doing business from now on... I can only say... YIKES and look out!!! I'd sure be displeased to order out a $50.00 Cub Cadet part only to have another freight charge of whatever added on. (Imagine going to the better half and saying, "Dear, I need another $48.73 cents for that $50.00 Cub part that I ordered.) I guess that I'll be stopping at either the local ACE hardware or the NAPA/Kohler dealer in Nevada for those Kohler parts. Both are also on the same road leading home.

Art,
Just paint a big IH on the hood and two tone it IH red and black. Then it would be the right color.

Hey AayTay; thanks for the comment. My first job was mowing fields for a guy with 3 Cub Cadets and my first vehicle was a 1953 Willys.I have since owned 5 Jeeps. I think it's a love affair. All I need is to get that 125 out of Maryland so I can become a true Cub owner.

Marlin-
My "local" dealer (45 miles away) did the same thing to me about 3 years ago on a rear tranny gasket. When I got upset and asked him about it, he said that if he didn't have a certain $$$ amount of parts in his parts order, he had to charge me the shipping.

Out of curiosity, I checked with Scott @ Madson's Service the next time I needed some parts, and not only was the gasket itself cheaper, but the shipping would have been about half what the local dealer charged me.

I'll NEVER order another part from my local dealer because of this. When I talk to Scott, he knows EXACTLY what I need, and knows the difference between our early Cub Cadet models and implements.

My local dealer parts guy pulls stuff like laughing at me saying, "You need to go back and get me a correct model number, because Cub Cadet never made a model 71."

At that point I walked out saying, "Yea, you're probably right, I don't know what I have SITTING IN MY OWN GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry.gif
bottom.gif
bash.gif
censored.gif

I've never been back since......

Marlin,
Deere had this a few years ago where they would charge freight unless you waited for the weekly stock order. They have gotten rid of that and now the dealers have a daily stock order so we get parts in two days. I don't have a CC dealer close any more so I usually just call Scott and most of the time he has the parts and I have them in two days at my doorstep. I think freight charges are a sign of the times with the fuel costs and all.

Marlin-
Watch out for the local hardware store small-engine shops. If they're anything like the ones by me, they'll charge you and arm, leg, and "another body part" for genuine Kohler parts.

IMHO, any of "our" vendors listed above can do a better (ie. cheaper, faster, more knowledgable) job.

Jim-
This is my second, and I don't think I'll ever be without one again.

John-
That is a good idea, but then my wife won't approve of us having it because it will just be "another tractor" to her...
roflol.gif

Art,
Sounds like you need to be creative. Get the wife a nice big IH tatoo on her back. Then she we be "another tractor" and be part of the crew.

Kinda like when I used to go to a Cub dealer and ask for a rear cover plate gasket and they would say for which tractor! I would say they are all the same for pre 1981 Cubs, they would say OH NO THEY ARE NOT!
Then I said well give me one for a 123 and one for a 1450. They would bring them to the counter and they both had the same PN.
biggrin.gif

Marlin H
$6.50 !!!!
They could have stuck that part in with a birthday card and mailed for less for less than that. Including the price of a birthday card. Sounds like one of those Epay dealers that jack up shipping charges to inflate the cost of what you're bidding on.
Brian L

Charlie-
You should have told them to mark them for you so you knew which one was which when you got home.
roflol.gif

Brian-
Maybe it wasn't his birthday?
dunno.gif

Time to go to the local dealer and ask them for a rear tranny cover gasket for an 1100.....
happy.gif

I saw a rear tiller advertised in Craig's list. The seller claims it came off a Cub Cadet 1450. Would it fit the 782 that I'm fixing? The only other information the seller provided is that it is a 42 inch.

Howdy again everyone.
wave.gif
What really got me is I ordered the dang part on Monday and it was part of their weekly shipment. No special order or anything. I am fortunate to have a super group of people at the local ACE and NAPA stores. I can surely see the benefits of using the sponsors. Two days instead of waiting a week is a lot handier.

Last Sunday a couple of buddies and I went to an auction in State Center. I bought two parts Massey Ferguson 12 garden tractors and have stored them at one of the buddies place in his garage. He said that his wife only comes out to the garage when she needs something like a screwdriver or a hammer and can't find one in the house. When I told Angel about the Masseys she rolled her eyes and started grilling me about what I was going to do with them. Finally she said, "You have enough Cub Cadets. You DON"T need anymore."
bottom.gif
I almost said in reply, "Man, am I glad that these are Massey Fergusons." (Didn't feel like dying at the moment.
whistling.gif
)

I used the 125 and snowthrower to make short work of the pesky drifts on the neighbor's driveways. Then I quickly moved a couple of drifts just east of our house back north a ways. That was an hour ago that I got back in the house. Even though I was dressed warm I was starting to get cold fast.

Back