• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 18, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, now that's funny!
roflol.gif
angel.gif

Dang and I missed the list just because I didn't have a stupid scan ...
bash.gif

Oh I made the other list! Boy that was a close one.

Well Ken, Now they are guessing on more freezing rain. Wish they would send it somewhere else! Will have to try for pictures later

Some thoughts on the Hydro vs. manual transmission. Each have their benefits and you need both but recently I have done a lot of work moving dirt with my 1450 and gannon, and thought I would share what I experienced. A hydro may work good for mowing or snow removal but working with dirt it's worthless. First chance I get I am going to move the gannon to a 1200 and build a electric or hydraulic lift for it. Probably go with electric to have a slower more controlled adjustment.

When you get a load of dirt in the gannon the tractor stops, give it some more forward speed to get it going again and the next thing you know your flying. You drive yourself crazy trying to control speed, load in the gannon, and steer at the same time. With the manual you may spin out or need to drop some of the load but once you start forward it's not a runaway.

50121.jpg

Richard, nice setup you have there! I think this is the first picture that you posted of your custom CAT-0 3 point with an attachment hooked up. That QL looks great with the Gannon hooked up!

44A Deck I am working on has had the rear wheels and shoulder bolts replaced before I got it. I need to know if those wheels are supposed to have an offset and what is the wheel width at the bearings. Also I need to know what length the shoulder part of the bolts are supposed to be.

P.S. I got the 1250 to run today after my engine rebuild and had to go for a drive on the sidewalk. Seems to run great. Now to just get the deck working.

RICHARD - Your comments are Spot On about the Hydro vs Gear drive.... I tried using My 129 once for spraying around the trees & bushes in My yard and I ran out of hands/arms in a hurry. The old gear drive allowed Me to control movement with the foot clutch. When broadcast spraying the whole yard I use the gear drive and set the engine RPM at 1800 or there abouts as that's the ground speed in 1st gear I have the sprayer calibrated at and My sprayer does a FINE job. I have some slopes in the yard and a Hydro just would not hold the same speed all the time. You add in the added variable load of a ground engaging implement and it can get frustrating. For plowing a Hydro still allows variable speed and power delivery but a constant hand on the hydro control lever is a must. For ground engaging work the gear drive is always my first choice. They don't get hot an over-heat either. And as always.... NICE looking tractor & Gannon. With Your fabrication talent I'd make a front PTO powered aux. hydraulic unit to run Your rockshaft & three-point.

Thomas P:

Here is a Parts Breakdown of the 44A deck.

You can obtain the parts needed from your local CC Dealer or any of the sponsors above...

50124.jpg

Because I am curious, I want to see some pictures of some beautiful wideframe restorations... (and others too) So I know what my 149 should look like when she feels good as new...

Back