• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
Don t. Keep posting pictures. I have a hydro that I dont think I will ever take apart, unless really, really necessary. But after watching your photos,(and those of others) I think I might actually have a fighting chance of disassembling and fixing my Cubbie if my back were against the wall.

Don T - I agree with Allen; keep posting, especially with pictures. Even though we only have one tractor in common (147), I've learned a lot about different tractors by reading your (and others') posts - and pictures always make it easier for me to understand. Of course it also tends to make me jealous of you shop, your patience, your outlook, etc!
smile.gif

What are you guys doing up at this hour? I was thinking about my cub.

You know guys, (especially the newbies) keep in mind that if your question goes unanswered, it's very possible that no one knows the answer...I've seen that quite a bit where people will ask something that isn't known.

Matt...

Or the person that "might" know the answer happens to not see it due to not logging in for a few days. It gets lost a page or so back and never seen again.

I see there was some tension here the last couple days. Unfortunately it will happen, no matter where you go on the 'net. Typing what you say doesn't always come out the same. I re-read my stuff a few times before the final posting to make sure it comes out right(hopefully).

Hope everyone has a great day.

Just wanted to say that I'm proud of the way newbies/infrequent posters are handled here. There's another forum, not Cub Cadet related, where I'm a member but rarely post or even visit for that matter. Last week I had a serious question that could only be answered there and it could have been easily answered there. Manuals don't even cover it. Hadn't been on in about 6 months and I got their standard newbie treatment--post hijacked by 3 pages of nonsense responses and the question went unanswered. If you're not a regular, they make a game of avoiding answering your question. It's a pretty effective means of making sure the forum isn't exposed to any new knowledge or differing perspectives. I won't bother going back. Everyone here was a new to the forum at some point. Imagine if none of them had come back.

Jerry

Don T That is cheap for the v61 tires. Better order spares at that price. I installed some odball tires on my 147 and they really work good. Never seen tires like them before. But they seem to be easier on the grass in turns.
Couldn't pass them up for the price. The tire care spray helps mounting them and helps seal the bead.Just my 02c Thanks
184229.jpg

Luther: Is that a 16 6.50-8 mounted on a wide rim? It looks good! I've mounted 4.00-8s on wide rims and don't like the way the rim sticks out from the sidewall. Can you find the name of them? I Googled "odd ball" tire with no results.
biggrin.gif
coffee.gif

DON T. - I agree with Luther, better buy a couple sets of those V61's for that price. Ohhhh, and keep posting pic's!

JERRY M. - I was "New to the forum" 11-12 yrs ago, after the Big Crash, but not new to CC's. I'm probably one of the very few here who actually RAN a brand new '63 Cub Cadet. Granted I wasn't very old.

And We have KRAIG posting from home late on a Saturday night. Suppose if We throw enough ROCKS We can wake Bryon up?
lol.gif

Dennis:
It was my buddy's family's , not ours, but I got quite a bit of seat time on one in '62, '63 and '64, both mowing and pushing snow. I've lost track of my friend and his dad is gone, but I stopped to see his mother a couple of years ago and there was a 100 sitting in the garage. Come to find out, a mechanic that kept it running for her had swapped the O with her for the 100, IIRC because the O needed a new mower deck. My experiences with that O are the reason I bought my 129 in '85..

Funny thing was that when I stopped to see her, I saw the next door neighbor mowing his lawn and stopped there first to inquire if my friend's mom was still around - he was on a NF, IIRC it was a 127, he said he'd gotten that after seeing the old Cub next door run for all those years...

I bought the 129 with attachments for $800.00 from a guy I worked with - he was trading it in on a 14 horse F.rd because it had a hydraulic lift. I paid him what they were gonna give him for trade - best deal I ever made and that F.rd has gone to the junkyard long ago. I keep telling him I'll find a Cub for him (he's pushing 80) so he can get rid of that Green thing he rides now..
ihrotate.gif

This is a picture of me on our new 122, I must of been about 9 or 10 at the time.
184232.jpg

Talking about running them for a while.
I'm really proud to say the 126 I have is the tractor I learned to mow with.
It's about one or two years older than I am. Dad gave it to an uncle who gave it to me four years ago.
It was in rough shape, but thanks to you guys and some help from the local cc dealer I've got a good working tractor.
I never would have tried working on it without your help, either directly to my questions or from reading answers to others questions.
You guys are great.
I'll try to eventually get some pics of the 126 up.
Thanks for being there.
Charles

Yesterday when I had my 104 out I noticed that the throttle cable seems a tad short. It kept working itself back down to half throttle unless I held it wide open. Are those a certain length and could mine be too short? The old one I took off of it when I started the project was rusted right off at the end that hooks to the carburator and couldnt get a decent measurment from it. Thanks in advance!

Don-
You don't post too much. Actually, just the opposite. I enjoy your posts, and your pictures sometimes carry me through a rough or long day at work.

Bottom line.....Keep up the good work!
thumbsup.gif

Scott Stanton

My 129 did that also, You will find if you look under your dash at the throttle there is a nut there that can be tightened to make the throttle stiffer and stay where you put it. this was a pain on the loader as an extra hand was needed.

184247.png

Back