• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donald, thanks!

greenthumb.gif

my first cc experience was in 1965 my dad bought a new 100 with a deck and snow blower so i was the primary driver most of the time.and now i have a 104,124,126,127,109,149,1042 1046vt and one lonely wheel horse.

Here are a couple pics of my 100. I became the second owner of this machine last summer. It had a broken piston that the PO claimed to be original, it wasn't. I have learned a lot reading on this site, only recently joining in on the conversation. Thanks for all the help.

184264.jpg

184265.jpg

Allen S. I am on the laptop and dialup right now. I showed Angel the picture of the re-labeled CAT-a-pillar and she thought is it so true. Fancy is sleeping right now or I'd ask him.

Charlie P. and others. THANK YOU for posting those old black and white pictures.

This morning, I called a gentleman that posted his son's Original on craigslist and talked him out of selling it and to join here and post. I assured him that there are many very knowledgeable people here and he'll have the little Cub Cadet up and running in no time.

Awhile back Donald T. posted a couple of pictures of the valve plate from a 15U. The pictures were showing the top and bottom. I truly meant to post only things have been a little hectic around here. The pics showed the difference between the top and bottom and why you can't just turn the valveplate over to reverse rotation. I'll try to catch up my reading although a lot has been just a blur lately.

One final thought. Someone either early this month or right after Christmas posted something about a Cub Cadet they had looked at and everything was OEM... even the horn. Anyone remember who that was and if there were any pictures posted? TIA

yah that was me... im still helping them with that thing... good news is they got it working with one of my S/Gs, im not sure about it being 100% original tho... it has some sticker on the back fender and the togle switches have been replaced for the lift... but it does have a horn, lights, 3-point, the paint looks original... next time im down there ill snap a pic

I am new at diagnosing cub problems, since I have only had one since May. The throttle on my 128 seems to be "sensitive". I can go from a slow idle to wide open by moving the throttle lever about 1/4 of an inch. Any suggestions? I appreciate any info anyone may have. The manual mentioned moving the governor spring away from the governor arm, but that doesn't seem to help that much. Thanks again.

Marty, It sounds like the governor has decided to let out on you. Try adjusting the throttle linkage to factory specs, but I am willing to bet that the governor is in pieces in your oil pan.

what does the "wide frame" "narrow frame" mean? i have a 1811 that id like to get some type of snow removal attachment for but im not sure what they mean by that.

Model 147660100

Serial 761 900

MFG Date C 147 G

James C.,
Welcome to the forum... Your cub is technically an "off-topic" tractor, meaning it was made by someone other than IH, It is known as a "spread-frame". This ought to be posted in the "CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment " section below. As for attachments, look at the FAQ's, and click on the nice buttons above, as our sponsors may at times have "stuff" for your machine.
The narrow vs. wide frame refers to the width of the front part of the frame, with narrow frames coming first, (except the "O") wide frames came in 1973 with the 1x8/9 series through the 1x00/1x50 series and beyond. (I won't get into the zig vs. zig-zag grille subject.)
clappy.gif

Scott/James-

The "spread" frame term is something that really only appears on Brian Miller's pulling site. 82 series tractors are still wideframes, they use wideframe attachments, etc...

Matt G.
In what instance has someone not known something?
I can't ever remember a question being asked that didn't get some reply/answer.

And it's hard for me to believe that with the people we have on here that something isn't known about a Cub Cadet.
Enlighten me please.
beerchug.gif

Charlie, you asked. About a month ago I threw out a question about if narrow frames were shipped with hydraulics or if every one sold was a dealer add on? I can remember seeing a picture of a cub cadet tied down with the tires strapped to the frame where the seat would go. Could they be optioned out at the facory and shipped or was it all (rear lift, hydraulics, horn?, Lights,) dealer installed? I got no response and just figure it was an oddball enough question mabey nobody knew.

I'm a newbie here. I apologize for posting here, as my CC was made after 1981. That being said, I have a 1986 IH CC 782 with electric PTO. I want to replace the PTO. I found the 2 bolts and 2 nuts that hold the PTO to the Kohler KT-17S Series II engine. There is a 5th bolt in the center of the PTO that apparently connects the PTO to the engine crankshaft. I have had no luck loosening that bolt, as the crankshaft turns when I turn the bolt. Please advise the correct procedure to remove the center bolt. Thanks in advance. Bruce in Austin, TX

Bruce: I just pulled the PTO from a 1200 and had to hold the driveshaft to get that bolt out. (I'm taking it for granted that your engine's still in your tractor).
coffee.gif

P.S. Welcome!
groupwave.gif

BruceT: CCC production records indicate that 1985 was the last year for the 782. Post your serial number & we'll tell you for sure... I use my el cheapo Harbor Freight electric impact wrench to do things like that PTO bolt removal...super good for changing blades also..

Also in Texas - way over to the East...

Myron B
www.CCSupplyRoom.com

Bruce Turbow
I would put a boxin wrench on that PTO bolt and give it a tap with your hammer in the right direction to remove the bolt. Air impact is how I take mine apart.

Welcome to the spot for all your IH Cub Cadet question.

Later Don T
coffee.gif

Latest posts

Back