• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcoleman

displayname
Glen M. Coleman
I hope it snows soon, I did afterall get my ne "Rookie Poles" for the corners of my blade, so I dont hit the fence like last time...

Thanks Kraig. My phone line is now glowing red!

Jerry, sorry about that, I was trying to get that page to archive so those with amaller monitors wouldn't have to scroll side to side.
angel.gif

Just funning with ya! If the dang power keeps going out I'll have to put a battery on the puter and heat the house with the phone line.

Thanks, Kraig, I was developing a cramp from all that scrolling!
wink.gif

Say, can you tell me just a little about the 154 LoBoys that you pictured earlier.....such as:
Were they a 'good' tractor or were they a poor design?
What years were they produced?
Were they equipped with IH engines or ??
(The only specifics in the ads were that they were water-cooled and 15HP....)
Was the 3-speed stick trans pretty tough or troublesome?

Thanks!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan, all good questions, but I've never used one. Oops, quitting time.
happy.gif

49978.jpg

49979.jpg

49980.jpg

49981.jpg

RYAN - Dad sold a 154 at His auction last June 25th He'd run for 4-5 yrs. The 60 cid flathead-4 was the same basic engine IH used since 1947. The transmission & differential are the same as a CC except there's no reduction housing so the transmission only sees engine torque, not the 7 times engine torque a Cub Cadet sees. All the reduction is in the final drives after the differential. On the 154's the biggest problem with them was the PTO clutch....Dad spent over $465 on His and only mowed with it a time or two before His sale. I bought My 982 about the same week Dad got the 154....I got the better tractor unless Your going to try to cover a LOT of wide open lawn...

Kraig - your posting skills suck dude! Letting a gr33n thang slip in! Shame on you, you musta been watching the clock to close ;)

Charlie - I like the top ? on that page, how ya get a 30 horse in a Lo Boy ... A. Buy a 30 horse outboard!

Flurries, COLD but no fun snow
sad.gif

Ryan:
The 184 is the best of the three Cub Lo Boys 154, 185 and 184. It had the clutch on the rear of the engine, electric pto that is very strong and flywheel starter and alternator.
It is the red one of the three.
Same engine, a little more HP.
The transaxle is the same as stated earlier to the Cub Cadet gear drive. THe Bull gear housings replace the CC axle housings. Look closely and you will see that same trans way back before the CC. Lots of items interchange.

ok, got to be an explination for a green machine here some where.... probably ya just cant see the teeth of his cub bearin down on the right rear tire..
dunno.gif

Nick, I haven't mounted the Windbreaker yet. My 122 deal fell through although I am in hot pursuit of a 102. I hope to have something done in the next couple of weeks.

The winbreaker I got from you I'm pretty certain is for a wide frame. I have a narrow frame Windbreaker that I should have next week. When I get my 102 or 122 all set up nice and pretty I will give you a call.

Well,I promised digger I would try more of the mini-"O" pics,I used the little flower close up mode and couldnt get closer than 8-9 in.with out blurr I have a kodak easyshare c643 6.3 mega-pixal and even tried the 3x zoom and this is the best I could do.
49990.jpg

49991.jpg

49992.jpg

Digger I hit enter between pics and after and still messed up" DANG-IT" sorry in advance "AGIAN". kenny m.

Well, I lettered my red one yesterday,kinda looks like the mucsle car days of the 60s and 70s"lol". kenny m.
49998.jpg

With apologies to David Kirk, Steve Blunier and Scott Tanner, who all demonstrate superior skills in fine engineering, here's my "low buck - make what ya got work" chute turner. I've tested it on the QA 42 and it seemed ready to chew fingers and anything else that gets in the sprocket track. The motor's from a late 80's Mopar product power window and didn't have a shaft output (it drove a cable wound around the blue drum that's now the mounting surface for the shaft adaptor). The cable exits are pointed out in the one pic. Once I get the extra holes sealed with JBwontweld and make a seal for the shaft area, I'm thinking of a simple squared off sheet metal housing that will look like the shield over the QA's PTO driveshaft.
50003.jpg

50004.jpg

50005.jpg

The mounting plate looks ugly, it's actually just a trace of the profile of the motor..
Hey Kraig - do I win anything for posting # 50,000???

Ken:
It may not be the same, but on my wife's DX6490 Kodak, when you put it in macro mode for closeups, you have to have the zoom backed all the way out or it won't focus. I can put the lens right on an object in macro mode and get it to focus. My Sony Mavica CD300 is about the same - if you back the zoom out, you can put the lens right on top of an object..

KenI, I tried that and didnt seem to work very well but then agian I can only post 1 pic at a time on here with out setting them side ways even with digger telling me step by step how,me and eletronics dont match,I think Ill stick with mech. stuff and act like I know what im doing"lol" kenny m.

Ken M.

On the photo posting thing,
Make sure the next photo in below the first, some times it takes hitting the enter key more than once to get it to move, heck some times I even have to use the mouse curser thing to get the photos to line up corectly

Just a little friendly advise.

Back