• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwmiller

displayname
harry miler
poof.gif

Matt- didnt look like I was gonna get much more here and I didnt want Tony-guy with the A-C 916- to have all fun.He wouldnt leave any snow for me.
I dont like cold but like to plow snow-thats my quiet,dont bother me cant hear phone ring time.Loved goin out 3-4am when I had my PU truck/plow years ago. plus I got full 5 gallon gas can so might as well use some.
Hmmm I cant get my Cub to "bark"yet maybe not enuff snow-it just runs and idles smooth as a kitty.

Going to be a chilly ride home in a hour, right now its -16 F. with a -31 F windchill.

Good thing I don't have a need to start any of my cubs, cause I don't think any of them would fire up, sitting outside in this balmy Wisconsin weather.
Heres a look at the forcast in our area for the next few days.
113231.jpg

Looks like I will be able to get out the tanning oils on Wensday next weak.

JASON - Those two plates along the sides of the transmission/rearend are something added by a prior owner. Maybe to keep grass clippigs, dust, & dirt from flying around and landing on top of the rearend. I'd remove them, looks like they make make service work like adjusting brakes more difficult, and by the looks of the mouse/rat bait on top of the rearend they didn't help keep the rearend clean very much.

somebody send some snow. Everyone else is having all the fun. As for the bitter cold even the old blowdrier from the house will get some warm air around the carb area. It is enough to help. Feels good on the hands too!

Jerry B. -

Seems all season I've had to use the blowdryer to unfreeze the exhaust caps, choke cable and throttle on the 169. Even with the tarp, what little humidity there is seems to creep in and freeze things in place.

question, im looking for a plow, there is a spring trip blade listed on craigs list from a 104, would that fit my 100??? or could i make it work?

hello guy we got about 2 inches of snow i was plowing with the o an i noticed i was loseing power when i looked i noticed that i blew a head gasget so i took it apart an sure enuff its gone now i'm trying to find one

Bryan, You would have much better luck if the other half's car was outside so the cub could stay in! On the other hand sleeping under that tarp could suck
bottom.gif

Steve M, i have bought head gaskets for the boxes above (CC Specialties) for $6.50. Its cool here this am ,4 deg F Brr . the 147 and 149 and 125 in the heated shop and they will stay there, its to clod to go play lol. later Don t
Frank C skype!!!!
old.gif

Steve, Get two while you need one. The best way to make one last forever is to have a spare at home. Be sure to check the head for flat sealing surface. An old piece of car window glass is great to have to test the head. Not much gap between surface and glass is allowed. Then a sheet of 400 grit black wet-or-dry sandpaper will fix it. A bit of rubbing on the paper with the head sure willl show were it is warped. Keep sanding untill it all is getting a new surface.
The head on my old CCO has NO sealing area left anymore but works just fine. Good compression too!!!

Bryan, You might try cleaning the choke and throttle cable with carb ,or brake cleaner. then they will not have any residue to get sticky. I had a ford service truck that I always used w d 40 on and when it got cold, the choke and throttle would always stick. I cleaned them and didn't put any lube on, and never had another sticking problem. Just my 2 cents. Rich
old.gif

When I reassembled the clutch the 3 pins in the drive plate bearly go through the disk. In the pictures it shows a good 1/4 to 1/2 or so, how do I adjust this?

thats true i ordered 2 an thanks i'll check the head while i'm at it i took the plow off an gonna weld it back up where its riped it works good even thoe its not the right one for it i found a guy that has a snow blower for the o i might buy he also has a real nice 70 an 100 i might see what he wants for one of them i would like both but the wife would shoot me
bottom.gif

Took the new "Big Horse" 1872 out to move snow last night.... Wow is that Haban blade a monster!!!! Lots of fun, but cut short by 0 deg weather. Woke up to -18 deg F this AM just east of Peoria, IL....YUCK!!!!!

I had yesterday off due to the snow. About 8 inches. Pat ran the 2550 and blade for about 2 hours and I got the free/ratty 782 and blower out to clean up the real deep stuff. I ended up putting a car battery on the back of the 782 to get it spinning fast enough to start. I hear you on the cold Steve. I headed out for work this morning at 4am. But with a temp of -21 and wind chill at -45 I came back home. I am a carpenter on a new 30 story building on Chicago's lake front. Some of the windows are in and they have heat to the 16th floor. I would have been working on 18. Not that dedicated!

If you want something to get really, really STICKY then use WD-40 on it and it does a really, really good job.

Well at 1deg this mornin I guess I have a heat wave compared to you guys. It's up to 6deg now, tryin to gather up enough will to go out to the Cub Cave. I can take only so much of being inside.
Bryan, my 102's been the same way this year. Got moisture in the choke cable and have been using my heat gun to get him running. Doesn't take long with a heat gun but I have to be careful around the carb. My neighbor didn't think they put out much heat till I started a fire on some scrap wood with it.
Guess I'll throw on the snowmobile suit, I have a few things on FrankenCub I want to take care of.

Kraig, same temp at my house this morning. I think I should have put the magnetic heater on the 122 so it will start tonight. But then maybe I'll just wait until this weekend to plow, been driving on the snow since Monday a couple more days won't hurt.

The Expedition showed -26 and one point during my drive to work this morning. I sure would be nice if my heated seat was working-passenger side does...

Latest posts

Back