• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i thought of a belly blade but i have this rear scraper blade and it has the same type steel edge on it.so thats why i was thinking of useing the two blades for suitcase weigth cut with a plasma cutter.
coffee.gif
75476.jpg

SCOTT - Township Road Commissioner I worked for summers when I was in college used to give them away too but You had to be on His list....and the list was about five years long.... He replaced the edges on the 14 ft grader blade every year. Farmers in the area used them on their manure loader buckets. I agree....compared to these edges mild steel is "Soft"!

DONALD - Nice rear blade.....but if You ever ran a Cubbie with a belly blade I bet Your rear blade would show up in the classifieds. Only problem with a Cubbie compared to it's lesser competition is the blade either has to be fairly low or not raise very high. Dan H.'s design (which I'm sure Kraig will post pic's of now) solves one of those problems, the lifting height.

well i was out in the Cub shack and saw these back under the bench and thought i must have a use for them and then stack for the 100 or 149 came to mind lol
]
75479.jpg

Don...
thumbsup.gif
..I thought the same with some new take off dresser mufflers I have but they are huge. Bet it would sound nice !

You get my mail ?

Bren

Thanks Bren. wow what a fine 122 and now i see how to conect that scraper blade.Would~n that work great on my 149 with the hydr lift. i have to store them pictures . i will soon buy another hard drive for cub related lol.
THIS IS THE # 1 CUB CADET SITE

Geez, That grader attachment sure looks tasty..... I'll have to invent a need for it now....

Don T,
If you use those pipes, you'll have to wear a skullcap.....
rofl.gif

Christopher, I'm not a plow guy, but my guess is a 3-point hitch would do it. Maybe someone else here can help better.

I picked up this belly blade not too long ago. Can't figure out how it mounts up though. May have to "tweek" some things.
75508.jpg

75509.jpg

JIM - I hate to say this but it looks like It'd fit on the FRONT of a Cubbie better than under the middle.

There were a couple companies that made belly blades for Cub Cadets but I think only the '61 to '63's, not the later numbered series.

hi guys what do all you guys use under the hood on your tractors when they sit on the dash tower.all my cubs have the paint wore off there and there must be something i can use to help and cut down on noise? later DonT
coffee.gif

Don..I am going to use some neoprene with an adhesive backing, it's 1/8" thick and 2" wide. It's soft and pretty abrasion resistant. Mc Master Carr has some part #8461K113 , $6.48 . I'm sure others have their own prefrences .

Bren

If your still interested in that Don send me an email

I just downloaded the photo resizing program that Kendall Ike recommended in the classifieds.Thanks Kendall!After I learn the ways and means of this program,maybe I contribute to the forum a little more often.Thanks,Bob.
groupwave.gif

Latest posts

Back