• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Brendan B.
It's not a plow, it's a blade!
thumbsup_old.gif

75463.jpg

Al tho, if ya look at my yard after repeated 40deg weather then 8in snow then back again I may have to argue with that .
lol.gif

Bren

DonT, I'm not wading thru a pool of Cubbies here either, I'm just a cheapskate! No offense intended.

Wow Craig, nice find. I didn't even know prototypes existed for any models other than the originals.

Brendan - E-Mail could be worse....You could have Lotus Notes like We have here.
destroy.gif
crash.gif

Also, if You really want to "renovate" Your landscaping You Guys should try something BIGGER than Cub Cadets. Instead of 600-800# tractors & blades You should try 6000-8000# tractors. I've been a little hard on some of the bushes around the yard this winter but as soon as the frost is out of the ground they're coming OUT!
Shift.gif

Dennis - how right you are! I don't mind (well I really do) jammin' rocks in the auger of the QA-42 from my own driveway, but when the neighbors were gone recently and needed their 1/4 mile plus opened up, I went and borrowed a D...e 2355 with a front end loader to open it up - they now have a roller coaster.
bouncy.gif
(Gotta get that tow behind grader built before spring!).

Craig, awesome find!
thumbsup.gif
More detail photos please!!!
bouncy.gif

Glen, nice Haban, wow that is one very nice 1200 you have the Haban mounted up to! Did you restore that 1200?
thumbsup.gif
I think I'd be afraid of scratching up that nice front axle with the Haban mounts.

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading it before I signed up. I saw a post about a company going to reproduce some NLA parts and wanted to try to get some more info. I tried doing a seach on it to no avail.

Eric S.
Welcome to the forum.
thumbsup_old.gif

It's not a company as such, it's just one super guy with a GREAT attention to details that makes all those NLA parts.

I know 3 of our Sponsors listed at the top of each page handle his items if your in need of something.
Madson's, Houtz & Son and CC Specialties.
thumbsup_old.gif

morning guys a good friend droped me off some grader blade wear stock. i`am thinking suitcase weights! these things are real heavy. what do you think.
coffee.gif

75473.jpg

Don T...
Those are nice, but they are tough to work with, as they approach carbide hardness... Need a smoke wrench... BTDT...

Don - I'd make a good blade out of the one on the hand truck ... and go back drag Kendell's neighbors drive ;)
... as HE should have done with the loader.
biggrin.gif

Scott - That's closer to T1 steel.

Brian,

That plow is not too far from me. What would it take to hook that up to a 106? I'm thinking I'd need a Cub 3pt hitch, plus a Brinly sleeve hitch adapter, right?

DONALD - Those replacement grader blade cutting edges make EXCELLANT Belly Blades for Cub Cadets. That's what Mine is made from. Just weld up a pivot to angle the blade that bolts in place of the mower deck onto the mule drive assembly. DONE!!!!!
SCOTT - You can cut them with a hacksaw, and still drill them with good sharp bits. It took Me about 3 hours and 4-5 good hacksaw blades to cut the broken end of My blade down to size. Mine was 1/2" thk and about 6+" tall when I cut it. And it's been WELL worth the time & effort it took to make it. I keep it mounted to the 70 all the time now. Soon as the 70 becomes a 100 it'll get summer mowing duty and the 72/Super 144 will get blade duty.
ihrotate.gif
Shift.gif

KEN - Not too sure who's shade of Federal (Construction) Yellow that is....looks more JD than CAT but the place that heat-treats those things isn't too far away from Bryan's house. TC Industries. I suspect they're 277-321 Brinnel, harder on the outside for wear and soft on the inside for shock absorption.

They're not impossible to work on, but not mild steel, at least not the ones I got about 20 years ago... You're right tho, they'll make one helluva belly or back blade.. The DOT used to give them away by me in NY, but no more...

Latest posts

Back