Archive through January 13, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank,
I wasn't going to say anything about that, but since you asked,......NO!! My thoughts about this subject have been reinforced with the sellers silence.

Thanks all for the grill feedback. I'll check around to see if someone around here can re-cad these things. They're all in good shape so probably worth spending a couple bucks on. They're all a bit bowed (guessing from heat) but hopefully I can figure out a way to flatten them. Thanks again.

Got another attachement to add to my collection
252194.jpg

Here it shown on "Gill"
252195.jpg

FYI-Gill is a 1650 with dual hydraulics that the previous owner hand painted red and installed louvre's in both sidepanels.

There is no wear on the scraper bar, and it appears to only have surface rust on it from sitting in a barn. I tightened the chain, greased all the fittings, and then put a liberal does of oil on the chain itself. From reading along over the years, I know I have to clean it up and paint it with graphite paint and buy a speed up pulley to get it to really perform. I also need to check the lubrication level in the 90 degree gearbox.

Hey Rob - you've got one of the finest combination you can get for snow throwing. I see the typical smoke residue on the side of the shute which is typical of a Quiet Line and QA42A combination. I don't see your 1650 tail pipe sticking out the grill so you may not have the warming issue that sometimes occurs on the shute. If you do you can help resolve by adding a small exhaust deflector, even IH had an original part to do that. I'm not yet convinced the speed up pulley is really necessary for the QA42A. Turns pretty fast at full throttle already and I have to wonder about the longevity of the gear box and chain adjuster bearings once it's done. One other thing for you to investigate is the skidders. Can't see them well in your pic but adding a little shoe on them gives a little more surface to spread the weight and slide rather than cut into any surface you use it on. Also make sure the allen screws in the drive shaft are tight since they always tend to come loose. Sounds like you're ready to have some fun!!!! Make sure you wear a face mask.

Harry,

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how much of the black soot was from the previous owner of the blower. This fall, I pulled the 341AQS for a rebuild before I blew it up, and currently their resides a 321AQS engine which I honed and re-ringed along with a complete gasket set & engine cradle modification. Need to purchase some parts from David Kirk for that rebuild, but funds have been low and now the blower purchase diminished the engine rebuild fund.
1a_violin.gif

Since it's been approx. 3 weeks since I've run or done anything with the 147, I figured today would be a good day to get it started, warmed up, and do a little drive around; let it "stretch it's legs". No snow in sight- 60 degree temps + 3 days of rain eliminated the 6 inches that was on the ground from the late December snowfall. Started right up and ran great despite it being 20 degrees out. (Sunday- 60. Monday- 20. Go figure.) Video starts after I've already got it out of the garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b1vJRzS3xM

Yeah, I know it's not any snow action shots, but it's something. Coming from a family that never runs a Cadet between october and april it still baffles me how well mine continues to perform even in the winter months.

How much do you think this Cub Cadet wieghs? Not a trick question just asking for shipping reasons.
1a_scratchhead.gif
Thanks.
252201.jpg

The specs for my 147 say it weighs approx. 700 lbs, so I'd say in that range.

Shultzie, the shipping weight of the basic tractor is 475 lbs. I assume that would include the shipping pallet and carton. Don't forget to add for the mower deck and rear lift.

252203.jpg

252204.jpg

For comparison, note the operating weight in the lower right corner. Subtract for the operator and you should be close...
dunno.gif

252210.jpg

Don't forget the mower deck and hardware and rear hitch and steering wheel spinner knob.

Well I did it ; I bought 4 more cubs today and will road trip Thursday and drag them all home.Wife thinks I`am Crazy lol. Pictures will be posted after I get em here .
old.gif

I figured high 400's to 550 lbs was more in range. One has to remember that there is more iron in a 147 vs an Original.

Bill J - did you recheck the serial number tag on the frame to make sure you really do have a 1650? (I suppose you saw the weekend posts).

One more question - you said you pullee it into the shop for some winter work. When you get that done are you going to pull it into the shop for some summer work? Keepin' it in the shop is really the best for it (hehehe).

Don T - would you believe it if I told you there are some on here that think you're wife may be correct. I don't know who they are, but I'm sure there are some. What models are they!!!!! I really hate suspense.

Kraig - Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos - say I just noticed on that Spec sheet for the 71 you posted, that it shows
"NACC or AMA hp rating for tax purposes............. 3.31"
Now, just what the heck does that mean?

what would be better , should I put the filter b4 or after the inline gas shut off valve? the shut off does not have a filter in it,both are inline. I'm runnin the fuel line straight down acrost the frame and up to the carb. I'm sure it doesnt really matter,I've been putting this off 4 a while..lol I'm ready to finish it, thanks

Ok,so I have to ask what a speed up pulley will do for a snow thrower ? Do they really work ? Also will a QA-36A fit on my 104? I am not sure if they have the adjustable plates or not to fit the smaller frames,does anyone know ?

Latest posts

Back