• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 12, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David S.
Paint that sucker!
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 107
Charlie - no I don't think you're stupid at all.
Couple things tho - the kit on the left in your pic appears to have 2 springs and I can't tell about the kit on the right. Maybe the pic is reversed on my pc
bash.gif

BUT, now I'm wondering if CCC may be including the wrong instructions in these kits since you've had 2 people install the spring wrong.

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 114
Harry-You are correct. I pulled out the instruction sheet that came with my 759-3490 kit. I didn't use it as I used the manual. At the top it says that the instructions are for the 759-3490 kit. In the text of the instructions it uses the word SPRINGS indicating more than one twice. The illustration also shows the 2 spring clutch with knobs and the rounded end springs. Now if my instructions didn't match my parts I would ask questions but that's me. Everyone else's results my vary. Charlie you might want rip one open and take a look.

Doug - thanks for checking that. Now if Charlie checks and says "I was correct" that will be twice for me THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

You think I'm going to open up a kit to satisfy your curiosity?
Not gonna happen, LOL
I'll look next week when I do PTO's again.

And besides, I could care less.
1a_violin.gif

Attachments

• 1a_violin.gif
    1a_violin.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 121
Good morning, All. I've a question for those most knowledgeable about the Original clutches. A co-worker has found an Original that he wants me to go through It will be for his daughter as her first "real" tractor. I'll be picking the tractor up in a week or so and so far I've been told that everything is good except the clutch needs adjustment. I guess what I'm trying to ask is since it is a 1962 Cub Cadet there could be a possibility that it may need some new parts. How hard are the clutches to work on and what should I be looking for as far as wear areas? His daughter doesn't know she will be getting this and she'll be using it for pulling a cart maybe winter snow removal with a blade. TIA for any and ALL assistance. It has to last for a long time since she is only 8.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 110
Marlin Homrighausen

I have a 62 and my 61 Original here . you might need to change the drive belt , I doubt the clutch is the problem they are strong and last good .

Latest posts

Back