• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 12, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been discussed here before, but seems like creepers are either properly filled and always weeping out the breather or somewhere, or dry like that one.

my creeper is on a 70. Do 122-124-126-86-800 etc creepers keep their oil better with the pipe extension?

Craig C.
Yes
thumbsup_old.gif

Under Edit,
I will say that if you do a 70/30 mixture of Hytran and 90 weight, that issue will go away without adding the extension pipe.
BTDT

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 103
David S.
If it were mine, I wouldn't.

I'll stick with Hytran only in gear drives and hydros around here.

Creepers, tiller and thrower gear boxes yes!
Especially in my neck of the frozen tundra, LOL

So yet another guy said his PTO did not work after buying and installing a rebuild kit.
1a_scratchhead.gif

301553.jpg

301554.jpg

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 117
  • 301553.jpg
    301553.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 301554.jpg
    301554.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 301553.jpg
    301553.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 301554.jpg
    301554.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 107
mike f i tryed sending you some info ,using this mfmike1ATcomcast.net and it came back .David

Charlie - I guess you're gonna have to get a sticker that says "This Side UP".

Course I suppose you could get one that says
"If you can see this when you're done you installed it upside down"
nutbags.gif

Honestly, I actually remember the 1st Narrow Frame PTO clutch I rebuilt and thinking it sure seems like that spring fits in there better and easier when it's upside down - but then realizing it won't really have any spring action. I'd also be surprised if the measuring gauge/tool would show the correct tension if the spring is upside down. Want to try it just for kicks Charlie and let us know?

Doug A - looks like the wheels are working pretty good. I do see some white lines I assume are where the wheels packed the snow a little. I'd still like to know if it works ok with about 6-8" of snow.

Attachments

• nutbags.gif
    nutbags.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 113
Harry
A quick look at the instructions,shows what ways it goes on.
Charlie,
Do you send instructions,or do people just don't bother to read them?

All kits come with instructions from Cub Cadet.
And no I don't take'um out before they ship.
biggrin.gif

301556.jpg

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 104
  • 301556.jpg
    301556.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 301556.jpg
    301556.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 143
The tires do pack it down a little. I think the skids might have done it a little also. The scrapers work well. Maybe another 3" tomorrow but no 6 to 8's in the forecast. I'll keep everyone informed.

Charlie - that's the wrong kit. It has the flat springs. Doesn't matter which side of those is up or down does it????

Harry Harry Harry!
Do you honestly think that I would be that stupid!
The one on the left is 759-3490 and the one on the right is the 759-3489 with TWO springs.

I was showing Lew that they came with instructions!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 115
I have an NOS dash for the 126 That I'm restoring. Now, should it be painted along with the hood when the time comes or does it get left natural NOS color and finish?

Thanks Guys!

Latest posts

Back