• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 11, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, Don, start a new subject: That hydro filter isn't necessarily original (meaning it might not be as old as the 125). The mission, should we agree to accept it, is to find out when that particular style filter became NLA.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I have found a 1250 for a reasonable price, all my cubs 3 speeds. How well do the 1250s hold up? I looked on ebay to get some pricing and only found a bunch of rears going for cheap. looks like 1250, 1450, 1650 are common brothers. Do parts on these fit others?

Yea Charlie,
those pants are higher than yours.

Don They should make the the filters the same way now,I have had the pleasure of tearing the heck out of one trying to get it off.
keep us posted on your progress....

Guys I was tough to grease the rubber ( flat) sealing washer on a filter and use one hand to tighten it. They don`t have to be torqued on not to leak because there is never much pressure on any system with a filter like these. Frank C , I would love to know how old that filter is and we would be on topic I think to talk about its age.

Lewis P

Well I`am going to try to get it off with out messing it up.I took the electric kettle over to the shop tonight and will give that filter some hot water in the am after I drain the rear end. I have a wide strap wrench and want to try to save it if I can.

Wayne Makowicki

I don`t think IH used to many not previously stocked parts to build the QC line, 1250, 1450, 1650 are an extension of the wide frame and the only reason I don`t have one is all the rubber mounts are a problem I see.But I think you only replace the top ones(4) with a moog anti sway bar rubber off a car.neoprene would be my replacement for them.
old.gif

old.gif

I recieved my JAN/FEB copy of LAGC magazine today.Was a nice article about JIFFY BALLING COMPANY INC.in there.Does anyone have pics (KRAIG)or own one of those cultivators.All the differant attachments made for CUB CADET is very interesting to me,as I'm sure to the most of you also.

Wayne: All the 1250 is is a hydrostatic 1200 (checked your profile). Be careful, you might not want to go back to a gear drive!!
draw.gif

Well guys - I guess we just about ran out of the 12 vs 13 fin details. Looks to me like the mystery is broken but the mystique will continue. I guess you could get a 12 or 13 fin in a 169 or even in a 1650. And of course you can bore the 13 fin to 4inches if you want to use a big ole piston, while the 12 fin can only be bored to 3 and 3/4inches. Then again, I don't know if the extra thick cylinder wall of a 13 fin can/will dissipate the heat as much or equal to a 12 fin. Let me know if you have an opinion and/or further details worth mentioning.

Wayne M - the 1250, 1450 and 1650 were of the "Quiet Line" series. The only difference in these 3 was the engine, and possibly some factory updates during the production run, and factory features (1450 and 1650 came with Hydraulic lift). The basic tractor sheet metal parts will interchange with the 800, 1000 and 1200 for the most part, and some of the basic engine parts, but then you run into the differences between the gear drive and hydrostatic drive line.

Don T - way up north - I'm not so sure about that 125. Since the trunion isn't hardly worn it's obvious it didn't get much use, but if that is the original hydro filter, it's likely the original HyTran fluid as well. I'd say you got a 50/50 chance it will be perfect or a continual problem.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and the stories keep changing to).

Wayne M.-

You asked if the 1250s hold up. I've heard the hydros refered to as "bullet proof" many times. They are tuff. Many prefer the hydro for mowing because of the easier speed/direction change. Most hydros I have acquired needed linkage attention including trunion repair. I look at it as sort of a trade off for the clutch work on a GD. I always advise fresh fluids just to know where you stand. I'd be willing to bet if you got the 1250 and put her in good shape you'll keep her.

Good luck!

Hi all,
Here is a picture of the 105 I got over the weekend. Enjoy!!

url]

Michael Hale

Mike: Either you're awfully young, or that's not yours anymore! 105 is where I got into this disease.
thumbsup_old.gif

TYC

Dennis Frisk, thanks for your thoughts! I decided to go with the 8.5 since the V61s sit a little higher.

Thanks Charlie and Frank! Yea my son loves it. He's been wanting to ride it but been too cold. We got snow but not like some of you. Why I have three so I don't have to share. When it warms up I'm gonna teach him how to drive.

Great pictures on here! I been studying them! I might learn something!! LOL
Michael

Just took a look out the window, LOTS of snow just cleared 18" Friday now this.

Wayne, got 14 inches Monday and loved every inch of it.
Cubbie was working better than normal.
Helped that I found a loose wire leading to the coil.
Now my baby purrs like a kitten again.

WAYNE M - Ahhhh 17-4 machnes HARD even when it isn't welded! I used to play with Stainless in the shop, still have MANY drill bits with BLUE ends on them because of it! I used to buy TONS of 15-5 forged blocks for the co I worked for 20 yrs ago. It machined kinda hard too.

ALSO, I used to work at International's FARMALL Plant in Rock Island, IL, where they built most of their BIG ag tractors, 70-200 HP. They used a lot of Cub Cadets to do ground maintenance, mowing, plowing snow, hauling huge trash carts made from 4' x 8' sheets of steel set on four small caster wheels, they were heavy empty and when loaded to over-flowing with busted up cardboard boxes & coffee cups, they were really heavy, now tie 2-3 loaded ones together.

I talked to the maintenance manager about those CC's and he said they used to use GD Cubbies and had some clutch issues from all the starting & stopping, but once they started using Hydro's they never really had much of any problem with them. So yes, the Hydro's are TOUGH!

Lewis Palma

I was looking at the 123 you have for sale in the selling section and the seat looks to have a cover put on it. Where did you find the cover ?I have bought a few new seats and find they don`t last very long before the start to come apart and would like to have a cover to put on them. Thanks Don T

Don Tanner. I bought a 147 from a friend who had bought it new. In 2009 i decided to change the fluid and found the original filter on it. So i called the previous owner and he verified it had never been changed. The tractor had run perfect all those years without a fluid change. It had some water but was surprisingly clean. Just my 02c
219541.jpg

Michael H.
Nice looking 105.Zig zags are my favorite!!

Don T.
That cover was put on by the PO.Doesn't fit very well but does the job.I will check and see who it was manufactured by after I clean up all of this white stuff on the ground.
Thanks Charlie sending me some.

Latest posts

Back