• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 11, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanner

displayname
Scott Tanner... Can't even see the Cub in this mess..
Don T,

you need a sticker

219478.jpg

SCOTT - I just crank up the radio more and give the CC more GAS!
Shift.gif

Scott
The 149 does bark when run at less than full T And you give it a load to fast. I find myself doing that all the time.I think I bought the stack muffler from a great Cubber here before CCS sold a kit.I`am having a break
coffee.gif
and reading Kraigs manual he posted.I`am good to go , thanks guys.

219481.jpg

All ready to remove the brake rod and hyd control rod.then slide the lift back under. I will use my engine lift to hold the frame up and then slide the rear back. Thanks Kraig
thumbsup_old.gif

Scott, Frank Currier got bitten by that archive bug earlier today in the Sandbox.

<font color="ffffff"> . . . . . . . . . . . . . .</font>
219483.gif

Don,
thumbsup.gif

Charlie, I was wondering, do you wear the white hat while posting and the black hat while
poof.gif
ing posts?
dunno.gif

219485.jpg

219486.jpg

...I guess I should keep the black hat in the wrapper then.
angel.gif

I didn`t let the Hub Assy, Drive Plate get in my way. The pin is worn into the side and would not come off easy lol

219494.jpg

Charlie
I`ll take a "black hat " also when you send my order.White here would not last a day .

Don T.-

I've taken a few of those couplers and welded up the slot. With a little work with a bastard and rattail files they are doing fine so far. The center wasn't wallowed out so I thought I'd try it. Those couplers aren't cheap. That's a nice, simple little puller you're using too. I think I'll try and make one for myself. I've only come across one coupler that was rusted on and used a hammer with PB to get it off. I like your puller better.

Wayne Shytle

It`s a loosing battle for me. I have to come up with ideas so I can get r done .I want to get as many repaired as I can soon. This 125 was not used very much because the trunion is not worn and a few other clues.
219508.jpg

219509.jpg

The origianl k must have suffer no maintance , becuase the rest is great shape.

219510.jpg

I heave no fear that this 125 is going to be a great Cub for me .
old.gif

Michael Smith on the slow cranking 149 try running a seperate ground cable from the battery to the engine. It helped a lot on my boys 149.

Shift.gif

WELL, got some last night! (5" snow guys)and my blade is in the shop not mounted.
Guess i'll just set in the swing and relax.
ROD
219512.jpg

219513.jpg

219514.jpg

Rodney S.
While your setting in that swing contemplating the universe, think about hittin that Enter key after each pic you post too.
beerchug.gif

Don
I have also have welded a few couplers,I had one with a good amount of wobble, ended up boring it out sleeving it with 17-4 then welded it all up. After that I bored a ne hole and drilled the spring pin hole. The 17-4 got a bit hard after welding, so drilling was a pure joy. Not so sure it was worth all the effort but was a reason to use lathe and mill.

Don T,
I see you did it the hard way....
You do not have to remove the fenders from the seat pan or the seat,
just remove the rear panel.4 bolts then they are 6 bolts on the frame to remove and 4 bolts for the foot rest and the whole assembly comes off as one unit,btdt
I see Charlie was prepared for a flood with those high water pants!!!
Snow's a fallen...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ha

Lewis P.
I just checked your profile.
You got a lotta room to talk.
clappy.gif

I'll be more than happy to send you at least a couple feet of what I've got up this way!

Lewis Palma
Well I did it the hard way ! Kraig was a big help with the destructions on the rear end removal. I was using my right to take it farther. I might paint this 125! you guys all missed the most important part of my posts today.
wedgie.gif
Ok Ok the hydro filter is an original put on that 125 when it was bulit. I had to call the big guy to find out if I was correct in saying that lol. The long distance phone call confirmed my
1a_scratchhead.gif
thought. I will remove the filter and save it and put it up on my shelf .
noshare.gif
There was no wear on the trunion springs or any place it should show wear. I`ll change the fluid and install a new filter and slid that rear end back in the 125 after I get the manual hyd valves working. This was a keeper and with the rebuilt 12K it will last a long time I think.I got a deck awile back with the 147 parts and I might install that on the 125 and see how it does mowing.Nice to see I`am on the right track with the 125.

How did all you guys miss the nut on the filter and the number visible there. I Know if I could only remember how much I forgot!

Wayne Makowicki
BTDT I have a few pictures of the 129 where I added some weld and did a little filing to get the pin to slid back in place in the drive cup.New parts were so far away and I thought I should repair what I could with what I had on Hand. I think IH built these tractors with that in mind. I think there was a lot of
1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
went into these Cubs that we enjoy. My .02

Latest posts

Back