• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 11, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the P.D.8 C.D. today...<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">WOW</font>
</font><font color="000000">A lot of great pictues...It brought back all the ideas I had for various projects...Glad I got some extra narrow frames to experiment with...
{Insert Dr.Evil Laugh here</font>}
lazerburn.gif

Does anybody have a parts page or a exploded view of an IH kerosene heater model 100. I need a filter number, and need to know if there is a pump pulling the kerosene from the tank below. The fan runs and it smokes but no ignition of flame.

I've been working on that Cat 0 3-point hitch for a long time, the Holidays and a cold have limited my time, but today I put it together to do some shake down tests.

25030.jpg

Tried some different adjustable lift arms, still waiting for some parts for another plan I have. Operation went smooth with the amount of lift I expected.

25031.jpg

To do some stress test I mounted my sleeve hitch plow to a brinly A frame adapter to Cat 0 3-point set up. I bounced my 200 lbs up and down on the back of the plow and nothing would bend or brake. That's how us non Engineers do our stress tests.

25032.jpg

When I was satisfied that everything was working I took it back in the garage and tore it apart. Monday I will start over with my next version. Learned a lot from this first attempt.

(Message edited by RChristensen on January 15, 2005)

(Message edited by RChristensen on January 15, 2005)

Richard C,
Very nice work (as usual) on the Cat-0!

Torin M,
An excerpt from TC-193

25037.jpg

25038.jpg

(Message edited by cholloway on January 16, 2005)

Hydro repair done as instructed in the Vault. It runs like a !!!!!!. Thanks for the Trunion repair by rchristensen. It was excellent.

Front axel for and aft play.
Last year I replaced the pin with a case hardened bolt by placing the bolt from the rear. I manufactured a lubrication chanel, cut to lrngth and secured with a thin Nyloc nut. This is not a good fix. Can some one advise?
I think the problem is the Channel the Axel rides in is spreading.
Thanks for all your help
Herb

Finally getting close to finishing. Just neew some warm weather to put on a couple more stickers and my restoration is complete.
25041.jpg

Another pic. Does anyone know where to get the IH sticker that goes on the back fenders between the taillights? Neither one of my sticker sets ahd it in them? Thanks!
25044.jpg

ROBERT,
Try CUB CADET SPECIALTIES, one of the sponsors above. He has a section just for paint and decals. If the individual decal is not available, buy the plastic light panel "IH" monotag for the wide frame and mount that back there. I did that on my 1200 when i restored it and it looks pretty good.

Question:
On a 125 hydro, can you use a hydraulic lift or other attachment requiring hydraulic power through the hydro drive unit (if so how & where to hook up) or would you need a separate hydraulic pump for this? Thanks in advance.

Donnie H,
Without MAJOR modifications on your 125. It can be done but working on it would be a real bear since the tunnel cover does not come off unless you use a gas axe.
You would be much better off using this setup for a hydraulic lift setup.
25047.jpg

25046.jpg

Kraig,
Got the CD, awsome!

Richard "C",
Looks like you on the right track.

Check out this ebay auction for the Dear John patio seat. up to $561.
eek.gif
now. Item # 3866806723

Does anyone have a closeup of Pat Irlbeck's hydraulically operated disc? Pat,if you see this I'd like a peek at that,if you can send a pic to me. I just need to know how it works and the arrangement. Thanks!

Christopher, if its like most of the common torpedo looking heaters there is an air pressure adjustment on the back. They use an air siphon nozzle, kind of like a paint gun. Sounds like on yours the air pressure might be low, the filter might be clogged, dip tube leaking, or nozzle plugged. The filter is just a fine screen that can be back flushed with air. Many of them actually thread into the top of the tank. With the heater plugged in, put your finger over the hollow air pressure regulating screw. If it takes off, low air is the problem. There is an actual spec for air pressure, but I forget what it is right off. I just set them to where the tip of the cone at the burner end stays dark. Any more than that and you're over firing it. Just out of curiosity, whats kerosene going for in your area? Its $3/gal in Osceola Ia. #1 diesel is $1.92 and works just as well.

Hey all, its been a while.

I have had the cub running for a while now, it was running pretty good until a few days ago when it got cold. The fuel sediment bowl was full of junk, so I took that off and emptied/cleaned it out, along with the fuel line. Now that I put it back on I'm running really rich, which makes sense. Also I noticed that the fuel shutoff valve is leaking. I tried to adjust the valve assembally (the valve screws into an assembally which in turn screws into the fuel sediment bowl collection...uh 'thingy') but that only made it worse.

Is there a gasket on the fuel shut-off valve to keep it from leaking? Or is this something else?

I can't really work on the carb adjustments until I get at least most the fuel actually going down that path, not just out the hole in the valve.

25050.jpg

Okay, guys- I'm gonna abort the Volvo 2-cylinder diesel installation in my Diesel project.

Instead, I'm looking for one'a these:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

If anyone's got one for our favorite price, and happen to be passin' through my area, drop it off here!
devil2.gif

Hi everybody Iam new on here,this is a great site very infornative. I have a 127 Cub had a starting problem when it got cold out ,rewired the wiring harness adjusted the carb.It started without jumping this morning It is 14 degrees in In southwestern Ohio A couple inches of Snow on ground . I got to play with plow for a couple of hours this morning It was a good Day. Thanks everybody for questions and for answers . Tad

really stupid question here guys, i was told once that you should soak the head gasket on the K-series engines in water, for a couple hours before installing on the engine, and then use the proper torqe. anyone ever hear of this?? your inputs would be very usefull.

Zack,
On the old FARMALLs you could back out the thumbscrew and wrap some string aroud it to make a "new" seal. I'd just get a new one.

Dave,
What kinda HPG are you getting on that smoker?

Latest posts

Back