Archive through January 10, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how many of these were made.
talker.gif

252065.jpg

Photo Courtesy of WHS

Is there any difference in the front axle from a 109 to the 82 models

Don T - the thing in the plastic bag I'm talking about in your pic, is that brand spanking new magnetic oil drain plug. I just wanted you to make sure you had a plug in place and oil level correct before you went cranking that engine, what ever cranking method you use - somehow I feel that one way or another you're gonna make that engine turn over and over, and run.

Frank W - '82 series is to new for my blood. Can say front axle on a 109 should be the same as any Quiet Line. We need an '82 Guru to respond here.

Keith O - I can't stand it!!! When are you gonna pull the tin shield over the head and count the head bolts??? You just gotta know if that's a 16hp or a 12hp. I don't know if you can just sneak the top off the muffler box and see enough of the bolts to tell which it is, but if you do this you could also count the fins to see if you have a 12hp or 16hp. I can tell by your dipstick you've got the balance gear version of which ever engine you have.

ok? well why is like the starter and the hand lift on the left side not the right side like o's normally are?

Bill J/William S,

Those originals were being built for export to England and and down under to Australia since they drive on the "correct" side of the road!
happy.gif
Most likely the negative was reversed when the photo was made.

They made 3 for southpaws but decided it was not cost effective.
Here is a pic of the same assembly line a few minutes later.

252068.jpg

Okay I'll take it apart saturday... I can't see any other stickers on the engine either so I am betting its a replacement.And possibly someone did buy this 1250 with headlights and hyd. lift. The PO told me his son put the decals on it. I checked all the normal stuff you check when buying a tractor and just did'nt know enough about the serial numbers then.

Latest posts

Back