• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Charlie, Wes, the right or discharge side of the cast end deck has the belt guard behind the raised "discharge area" of the mower housing and on the left side the belt guard is up on the raised "discharge area".

75262.jpg

75263.jpg

Jim T
The gear boxes look the same but when I looked up the part numbers for the gears inside they were different listings #

Steve T
I don't know what the E% is up here in mass but what I do know is that Three years ago the State changed what was mandated in the fuel My vehicles get much worse mileage sense then and I have had to change a one year old carb off a blower because it was completly frozen everybody that owns a bike up here goes across the state line to get fuel for them and there mowers and there price isn't any cheaper I have just heard allot of horror stories.
I have run our fuel in my 1450's without any problem in them but it's in the height of the mowing season when I do and it does not sit in there long. As far as the snowblower I now drain the fuel from the bowl every time its used. I think the issue with the carbs maybe from fuel sitting in there to long between uses. Unlike you guys with the none quietline models I don't have the option to shut off my fuel easy. No access to the shutoff unless I take the side cover off oh yes if I sqeeze my hand in there and scrape my knuckles I might be able to do that but then I can't pull the knob back out. Come winter with the cab on it.It becomes more of a pain
75266.jpg

as far as the #30 carb being larger well my size nine foot doesent fit in a size 6 shoe

I've had no problems running the E10 that the state of MN has mandated for many years. My next cub overhaul is gonna be an E85 job and I can forsee no major problems with it.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Patrick, you should have only 10% in your fuel, as that is only what the EPA allows at this time. There is a push for a 20% mix, as that displays no difference in mileage than the 10%.

Wish I could offer some help on the carb problem. That would be frustrating and I understand why you run across state lines for the fuel.

Morning guys, 2 carb kits installed last night my 149 and my bolens with a 16hp kolter. Both tractors work good now. its scary when at wto you shove the hyd lever full ahead (contact with road is lost ) lol.now i know how these tractors can work. we found that the # 30 Carb was drilled off line ,i don`t think that the neddle is supose to make contact with seat! or is this normal?we found water and dirt in both of the bowls.new plugs were installed. next will be a head gasket on the 16hp kolter and 2 more carbs to clean on my 100 and the Original. the Original will get a full tune with drive belt and carb clean new plug wire and plug points cleaned or replaced, whatever it needs.Now i just need to get a #30 carb for my 149. thanks Patrick for your offer, i`ll try to find another replace ment first. i think i should have some spares here for my Cubs and do plan to get them soon. later guys, have a great day
coffee.gif

Don - the needle will contact the seat when it is fully closed (you know - that's where you always start from on the standard "turn and one half out" when you've had the needle out).

I've just posted some E-85 stuff in the Sandbox...

KentucK - WAKE UP....

<font color="ff0000">Alexander D - perhaps you'd like to re-acquaint yourself with the rules here...</font>

Well, I guess I was only half wrong. I knew someone would correct me. I just remember having to slide a cover over a bolt head that stuck out on the 70 I used to have.

the problem with the neddle is with seat removed,looking through were the seat turns in i can see that the neddle is not centered in the hole,its off to one side and doesn`t sit centered over the seat when the neddle is screwed back in. I don`t know euf about these carbs to know if that is a problem or not Ken
coffee.gif

Don T.-

A couple of mine do that too. I think that the main needle might be slightly bent or something. At any rate, it doesn't seem to matter. Those tractors run just as good as the others.

Thanks Matt, she has a lot of power with the govener and carb all set up . thanks again
thumbsup_old.gif

hehe lol Charlie she does work nice after Jim my good friend set the 149 up and adjusted the govener and carb she will stand up realy easy. can`t wait to get her conected to a load to haul.
] you know that we were both smiling last night.lol
animatedihbear.gif

Kraig,

Yes, you are correct..."tag wire", and it is great for the ports and for the hollow center of the main fuel jet needle.

Well,

I finally got a chance to get a couple photos of my K161s rebuild. I'm ready to put it back on the tractor tomorrow morning and see if I can get it running. This first pic is for Kraig - thanks for the help with the governor!
your_image.gif

Well,

I finally got a chance to get a couple photos of my K161s rebuild. I'm ready to put it back on the tractor tomorrow morning and see if I can get it running. This first pic is for Kraig - thanks for the help with the governor!
75306.jpg

Latest posts

Back