• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
75310.jpg

Here's where it's going - rebuild / repaint of the rest of the tractor will have to wait until it warms up in the Spring!

75316.jpg

Does anyone have a teaser spring from a narrow frame clutch that they could measure for me? I need the uncompressed length. Thanks!

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL) (Sblunier)
]we in canada call them twist ties ! used them on my Norton for the idle pasages on the twin carb 850. worked good for me ( just don`t break it ) lol My .02
coffee.gif

A set of (acetylene) torch tip cleaners will give you a jet cleaner for just about any size - just don't use too large a one or you'll open up the jet more. As far as the question of the needle being centered or off to one side, all it's supposed to do is block a certain area of the hole in the jet - gas doesn't care if it's flowing equally around the needle or all to one side, at least not in our applications.....
thumbsup.gif

Mark you realy wrecked my day postig pictures like that. i won`t be able to not be that fussy lol thanks... nice...
coffee.gif

well Kendell Ide (Kide) i would rather the charge be delivered down not to the side of the chamber realy ahaed of the exhaust under the pug would be nice, i`am sure it willl work better for longer( well at least it should) later Don T

The fuel needs to flow as engineered thats why cars with bad injectors don't run right the injector gets worn and the fuel is not delivered at the proper pattern for proper atomazation which makes power my .02

Patrick - Injectors get gummed up not worn. Having an old set of injectors cleaned and balanced is like getting a new engine again.

Don - The needle point will center itself in the seat, and it doesn't have any effect on the gas flow until after it passes the jet.

I wish I could understand half of what you type
dunno.gif

Kendell - Yep they make good cleaners since that's what they are , just don't break one off inside
help.gif

Michael i have 3 one measures .480ths one .440ths and one .460ths or say close to half inch.

Ken
Yes most of time thats the problem with them. I don't want to get into them here its not the place.
Some of us like things to be perfect yea that bent bolt will go in but I don't like so a new one goes in. I don't blame Don for wanting it perfect it's his right to have that way even if it won't make much of a difference who knows he could be losing sleep over it LOL
shhh.gif

Hardware question- the muffler shroud/box on my 1650 has very little hardware left holding it on and what is there is not right. Can someone tell me the exact size/length of the screws that hold all of those pieces together? Are they supposed to be sheet metal screws? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back