• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark F i have to change that rear belt on my Original is there an easy way to do that?the belt is in the mail and i`ll want to put it in when the belt arrives.
]
coffee.gif

Pat and Don - ya aren't working with high tech direct injection here - it's based on venturi created suction of the fuel from the jet, into an air stream which then takes at least three turns before it enters the combustion chamber. Do you really think that it matters which side of the orifice the gas dribbles (and yes it's really dribbling) into the air stream from?? Most of the problems with small (or large) engine repair are caused by overthinking the possible causes of a poor running engine, then chasing incredible causes and cures. And yes, I BTDT - for about 50 years....
roflol.gif

Don, If you are refering to the drive belt you just remove the bolts under the engine that hold theh clutch unit and driveshaft in place. this allows the whole unit to sag doun from the frame and the belt comes off from the front this way new belt goes over thte pulley and the clutch unit goes back up in place. While in there that clutch plate/pulley rides on a bushing, check it WELL for wear that lets the pulley wobble on the driveshaft. Letting it go will ruin the drive shaft. In a pinch that bushing IS easy to find at the hardware store bins. We should buy from sponsors and they sure like it but some times we are in a hurry!

Kendell Ide (Kide) just a thought. i had that if the needle was lined up in the seat and the spray would atomize to smaller droplets and i would get a cleaner burn of the fuel.I do tend to over think maybe lol
Pat you have mail and its a large file hehe
thanks for being there guys and so helpful with my Cub repairs. DonT
coffee.gif

Good morning everyone. I have a question about my 125. When the weather is warm everything is ok. When the cold weather hits and I step down on the break the hydro shift lever does not want to return to neutral. I have to manualy move the lever as I press on the break. It doesn't clear up as I use the tractor. Thanks in advance for any tips!

Charlie I thought that it would not work properly all the time without that spring. That said I will head out to the garage and check that out right now! Thanks Charlie.

James in the parts look up above item # 30 and 31 must be your problem.there must be binding from wear and use.

James,
My thinking is that in the winter the grease and gunk is hard from the cold and binding things up a little, either because everything needs adjusted and or the return spring is missing. JMHO
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back