Archive through January 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been considering using some of Kentucky's favorite goo to fix a problem with my 149. One bolt hole for the mount for the air filter cover is stripped in the carb. Would some JB(DWADT), drill bit and tap & die be the best fix? Or should I just tap it out a size larger?

A little off topic, but her you go Kendell
err.gif

49622.jpg

I'll let you guys play for a little while, but when I get back home tomorrow evening, I'll tellya right now, I'm gonna be crabby as hell!
So someone better have a broke Cub to fix and start posting about it for everyone to see!
rant.gif

Gonna Be ?
I just remembered I have to go out of town tomorrow ...

Shane: Burger Chef!!!!!!!
I loved that place when I was a kid. We used to stop at the one in Winchester, IN on the way home from the races.

Charlie: I can't post snow pics...because we haven't had any damn snow. And I can't post about a broken Cub, because the 1250, the 1450, and 1712 run great......

But here is a picture of my 1450 at a car wash the night I bought it
49628.jpg

It had been sitting in a barn for a couple of years. Even with a jump, and starting fluid, it wouldn't fire (but the price for the tractor, a 44A deck, QA42A snowthrower, and 42" blade, I couldn't go wrong..LOL) The straw and a lot of the dirt blew off going down the road, but it was still in need of a major cleaning!!

Nowdays it looks nice, and runs like a top
buttrock.gif

Anthony Casteel Jan 07, 11.37pm Great progress Anthony, you'd do me for a 6th grandson, then you could just hop on one of those bikes & ride on down here & help me with my 102 beach cub occasionally.
Bruce Moore Jan 08, Beach Cub progress, I have only got as far as installing a better Honda, 11hp. A largeish job rushed to be ready for the cavalcade of grandchildren over Christmas/school holidays. Attached shows the youngest that was able to reach the brake, the older girls were good drivers, please don't try to see too much detail, not finished yet. Life might return to normal after next week.
49632.jpg

Ok, if charlie got that shovel filled yet send the snow. they are telling us that freezing rain is on the way again

THOMAS P. - I think that pivot bolt for the belt tensioner is a special shoulder bolt. Hopefully the bolt broke so You can get it out. The bolt, a new tensioner spring(they ALWAYS break) and a pulley/bearing are avail. from Your local CC dealer or Our sponsors above. The bearing really isn't replacable in those. The last ones I bought were less than a similar idler pulley at Farm & Fleet.
SHANE - Keep Ken's favorite tool in the tool box... Either helicoil that screw hole or drill/tap to the next oversize. There's one or two of those screws that get REAL close to breaking out into the throttle bore so I'd suggest using a drill press for drilling.
KentuckyKEN - I can just see BRYAN DRIVING that Cubbie back up from Florida....
lol.gif

Ryan, where are you going to be moving too? Cyrus has his own Cadet, wow, he must be getting big. I think the most recent picture I've seen of himn was back in June of you and Cyrus holding his new sister Olivia.

Kendell, that's funny! Good for cleanups in the shop too. Now you'll have to make expansion units so you get full *Cub Cadet width* sweeping.
beerchug.gif

Thomas --

In my own cheepniss and desire to thwart the world of throw away, I have gotten in the habit of taking those idler pulleys (the 2-piece spot welded ones), wire brushing them until I could see where the 5 or 6 spot welds are located that hold the 2 halves together and carefully drilling them out. Once the welds are gone or close to it, you can separate the halves , flatten things, clean up the holes etc and get the bearing out. Take the bearing over to NAPA and they can set you up with good replacements for well under 10 bucks. While you are out stop at the hardward store and get some properly sized stainless screws or bolts and nylock nuts. Put in the new bearing and bolt the two halves back together and voila. When I broke my last shoulder bolt, my lathe was still set up, so I just took an existing (larger) bolt and turned out the new shoulder bolt. That was a pain, but I didn't want to wait for mail order.

I have pics of the pulley stuff somewhere on some computer hard drive, but I took them like 5 years ago, so I won't find them any time soon.

Anyway, I have four decks with those split idler pulleys -- just doing my part to save the planet LOL.

Kendell -- glad you like the calendar.

Over and out.

Hank

Greetings!

I finally got around to taking the carb a part on my 1650. Wanted to get the parts for a rebuild before I took it apart. Couple questions:

1. Do I actually have to buy a metric nut driver to remove the jet?
2. I found a small piece of gasket - think smaller than a blade of grass - stuck in the jet. I'm thinking this kept the needle for seating completely, which allowed the bowl to overfill with gas. Could this little piece of debris be the cause of gas leaking/running out the port on the bottom side of the air intake?

Should we answer Eric's question or just keep goofing off ? ;)

Etric - anything that's non free flowing liquid can cause the float not to seat the needle and overflow the bowl. The same for a "dead" float. Sometimes the 2 piece floats get a hole in them and sink.

49635.gif

<font color="0000ff"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><font size="+2">BOO!</font></font></font>

Sorry Charlie
whistling.gif

I couldn't resist looking up Kendall's quote.

On a cub matter, Santa came last night. Got out the cubs and had some fun!!
49638.jpg

Nothing broke though so I guess I need more snow.

Man it's flat out there! I thought Idaho was like West Virgina, so hilly that if you reach to scratch your foot you end up scratching your head.

KKen- Idaho is unusual. I set up a new lab in Boise few years back. Drive 45 min north, Saw tooth mountain range. Drive an hour east and be in the desert. Beautiful country!!
baldguy.gif

Due to the lack of snow I have decided to work on my on of my project tractors, heres a couple photos of what I've done so far.
49645.jpg
49646.jpg

49647.jpg
49648.jpg

Heres a shot of the wifes lawnmover,
49649.jpg

She likes it better than the cub, as it aint near as loud.

Hey guys, i got a real brain buster for ya
biggrin.gif
. Iam having a little problem with the stopping power on my 100. It seems that the break only starts to engage when the pedal is almost floored. I tried to tighten the nut on the rod that is connected to the brake pedal, but i can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone have any suggestions on increasing my braking??? Thanks allot
beerchug.gif

My foot boards on my 149 are all rotted out, and I can see the ground below me, there is still alot there, but the pitting is everywhere, How can I fix it? I thought of welding a new plate (s) in place, but I believe that the fender metal is too thin for welding anyway... Any suggestions?

No Dang snow here in Blue Crab heaven, but the bay is cooling down, so I'm hopin for some soon...
49654.jpg

Charlie,
All is not completely dead here overlooking beautiful downtown Boring, MD. I did install a new muffler on the 129, and haggled with FedEx over delivery of my seat cover, since they won't deliver without a signature. Other than that, it's been too cold to work in the garage much this week, and no snow to feed my QA42A is expected in the long range outlook. That being said, Winter is still young!

I don't want to split the 102 to start work on it until Spring since it has a plow on it, but with a bout of nice weather I could probably get some machine work done and start building up a good K241 for it.

Latest posts

Back