• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know where this one is,
75164.jpg

I was wondering if the one I posted was pull start or electric ... he didn't specifi...
dunno.gif

im sorry i should have specified its a starter/generator

Rick- I have the rear lift and rear PTO on my Original. I had to grind the rear lift "U" shaped mounting bracket to clear the raised area of the rear PTO. I just held it in place and marked the area and used a hand held grinder to do the job. It's been quite a few years since I've done it, but I think that's all there was to install the rear lift.

Rick, I have the same situation. I am going to make a bracket to bolt under the seat to bolt the u-bracket to, or else make a piece to bolt where the u-bracket should go to tack up the space around the pto bearing housing. If thats not too clear let me know.

Bren

Dan's two Kohlers look way better than mine!
bash.gif

Art, do you think the breather is assembled wrong on this one?
dunno.gif
It sure is oily for a rebuilt engine...

Mark, the photos I just posted are of a rebuilt K161 that I bought for an Original that I'm in the process of refurbishing. No guarantee that the spring is mounted correctly.

Keith - perfect, and almost the way I had it done - I just need to rotate my disc 180 degrees and move the drive pin a bit and it looks just like your photos. Thanks again for the help - I'll try to post a few photos this weekend after I get it done.

Kraig - After posting 6 pics of Dan's engine and then you having to slop out to the shed to take and post 4 pics of your own engine ... I wouldn't let him get away with that
biggrin.gif

Kraig, it's always worth it! I'll trade you motors, mine hasn't looked that good in about 40 years. wife refers to my CCO as the "P.O.S." cub but always is willing to let it save us work. Too wet for firewood duty for now

The hood on my 100 has been moved for some reason about 1" forward. I would like to move it back where it belongs but it looks like it might hit the steering wheel. Also is this mule drive mounted in the proper location? any clear pics of correct positioning would shure be a help.
75184.jpg

Tim K.-

That mule drive is correctly installed. You can put some washers under the grille casting where the rearmost attachment bolts go. That'll tip the casting forward and allow you to use the original holes.

Tim, it might just be the angle that you took the photo but that grill looks like it is more upright then it should be. I wonder if the front of the frame is bent at all. There is a little bit of wiggle room in the mounting holes where you may be able to slide the grill housing forward but you may have to do like Matt suggested and put some washers on the rear bolts to tip the grill forward.

Jerry, I think I'll keep this one.
happy.gif

Thanks guys I'll try to resize another photo from the side.

Starter/Gen Q, were all of them rated at the same power? Or were they beefed up for the bigger h.p. engines? Did the paint color vary?, I have seen yeller ones and black ones.

Latest posts

Back