• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmiller

displayname
Michael A. Miller
Darned Archive bug!

Snagged a Nice 104 this morning.

75133.jpg

Got a good deal because someone had stolen the starter/generator.

75134.jpg

heres a try on the pics of the 104

crap. i have to resize my pics now. currently downloading a program to do so. will post in about an hour.
thanks

theo

Michael, is there an issue with the mower subframe that it is not fully latched? BTW, nice Cub!
happy.gif

Don, I wanted Tru-Power tires for the front of my 106, but I needed something quickly, so I went for the Sno-hogs, as my local CC dealer had them in stock. They were a bit cheaper than the Tru-Powers too, I paid $86 for the pair, including mounting the new tires and disposal of the old slicks. I'm really happy with the performance of the Sno-Hogs on the front. They really help steering when pushing snow. If I planned on putting a loader on the tractor, I would have held out for the 4-ply Tru-Powers.

Kraig, Thanks! This is my 1st 1x4/5 tractor and my 3rd zig zag. They have to be the pinnacle of Cub beauty! (ducking)

no issue with the subframe...it just wasnt fully engaged.

Michael, ah! BTW, save that blue edging from the seat, that is NLA! You can have the seat recovered but you will need to reuse that edging. Here's one I had recovered, yeah it has a seam but it is better then nothing.

75137.jpg

I believe Charlie posted about someone that was recovering the seats but didn't end up with a seam.

Oh Charlie?????

Note to robbers:
If you're going to steal a starter-generator from someone else's tractor, DON'T CUT THE WIRE HARNESS!!!!
screwloose.gif

Duh!!!!!

Christopher,

I'm not finding any sno-hogs on any of the links posted. Do you have a link to a picture and pricing?

Kraig, I've seen that seat pic before and I'm thinking I'll need one down the road. Nice!

I've got so many restorations ahead of this tractor that it will probably be used as is for awhile.

I'm fortunate enough to have a rear lift and rear PTO for my Original, bought of course at different times. I've only seen them both one one tractor once on Greedbay and the pictures were poor. Do I have to modify the top "U" bracket to install the lift with the PTO?? The Lift is NOS and I'd rather not hack it up if I can avoid it.

Rick, I believe some mods have to be done. I think William DeTurck has done it. Unfortunately I don't seem to have any photos of it. You may only have to modify the Upper 3 point bracket and not the rear PTO.

Here's the info on the seat guy.

Bruce Macdonald, 248-613-1295
As long as the fiberglass shell(s) are more-or-less intact, and the blue 'Trim Ring' is available, we can do a great job....!!! These components are exceedingly difficult to get.

We sell the finished seats for $189.95 plus $15 shipping. If we can get an old seat/trim ring as a trade-in, the price is $169.95 plus $15.

We're a small shop here in SE Michigan. We do specialty work for the Big 3. One of our guys is a GM retiree who formerly worked in their Show Car Prep section. Among his talents, custom upholstery. He did his first seat for an old Cub 125 of mine. When we have time and when we have seat carcasses on hand, he'll spend time on them.

Our production is very limited. Perhaps two seats in a month. I'm sending along a couple photos for you to view.

Bruce Macdonald, P.E.
Power Logix Tool & Engineering, LLC

75153.jpg

75154.jpg

75155.jpg

75156.jpg

hello i have a cub original serial number 1575 i was wondering if someone could tell me the spec number that a k161 would have?

Art - I tell ya what - If I find Mike's Bad Boy Diesel sitting beside the road some day I'll be sure and NOT cut the wires on the S/G.
biggrin.gif

I'd like to see / HEAR some more vids of that BEAST !! HINT HINT HINT HINT

Timothy - Which specs are you looking for ?
Ok , I re-read your question ... I read to fast and skip sometimes ;)

Latest posts

Back