• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Wayne and Harry for all your suggestions . The 125 sub frame is in a pile of sub frams in my Cub storage building on a shelf at chest level. I will need some help to get it out from all my other parts.since the 125 marker is at the back the picture will help find it on the shelf.

And no the 149 still does not charge and I got so disappointed that I moved it aside . I will have to get a new wiring harness and then start over. looks like I burnt out two new regulators and still no charge . Now it will drain the battery just sitting overnight . It was better when it just did not Charge. I have to check the 125 and see if it charges because I never did check it and with my luck it probaly won`t . So it looks like I`am out $$ for two and shipping .
bash.gif

Donald T. I am really tired and need to leave for work this morning. I can't remember if you unhooked the battery overnight to see if it still held a charge or not. In other words... run the tractor and then unhook the battery. Make sure it isn't drained and if not let it set overnight. The previous owner of the Keepsake 1650 quit running it and told me there was a short in the system because they installed a new battery after putting on a new ignition switch. Tractor ran great that day. Next morning it had a dead battery. They would recharge it and run it. Next day same thing. I told him they probably purchased a bad battery. Long story short... $200.00 later and with a promise to keep it and not part it or resell it...I had a nice orginal family 1650, front blade, Brinly hitch and plow and double disc, chains, weights, and beautiful mower deck. Problem was solved with a NEW battery. The battery they had bought had a bad cell from the factory.
happy.gif

Guys can the chute adjuster be moved from right side to the other on an IH snow thrower single stage . I see my Cab has a spot in it for the chute adjuster rod to enter the cab on the left side sitting on the seat and the snow thrower has it mounted on the right side
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don, no it will only mount on the right hand side. The bracket for the chute rotator is welded onto the right hand side of the throat/base where the discharge chute mounts and the slotted flange of the discharge chute only has the slots for the rotator on the right side portion of it.

well that is a pain . I guess the cab was built for a 450 only . unless i can fab up a rotatory with a wind winder motor ? Thanks Kraig.

Don T.
So what's wrong with cutting a slit on the right side for the chute handle to go through?
No different than the left.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Charlie

That just would make the job simple to do. I have to find my pool liner glue to reinforce the cut area. That does seem to be the easy way to get it working .

The material they used for those cabs is strong enough that duct tape on the inside will hold just fine.
Besides, there's not going to be an strain on it anyway.

Charlie - if Don T uses duct tape he can star on an episode of the Red Green Show up there in Canada.

Back