• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 07, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CORY - It sure should. I think the 106/126 had different colored bands around the black stripe on the hood decal, 126 hood which is light blue may not match Your 106's strip.....but the solution for that is to rebuild a K301 Kohler and make Your 106 a 126.

I had a friend that worked in a car restoration shop that used crushed walnut shells for media blasting, he said they worked very well.

SCOTT - Eastwood has a nice little chart in their catalogs to show what the different medias are good for, what PSI to run them at, etc. We used to use glass beads a LOT on food production equipment. We'd buy them in 50# bags by the skid full.

Denny, Cory, the 1x6/7 series all have the the blue stripe. It's the 1x8/9 series that have the green, red and blue stripes depending on HP.

Thanks Dennis, I will pick up a battery today and give it a try, here is a picture of the 124 with lights.
112886.jpg

Steve, if you have a Tractor Supply Co. store anywhere nearby, look there. Their stores here in Jersey stock blasting grit.

Dennis- Does Eastwood handle blasting guns? The one I recieved with the gravity fed container has pooped out the nozle. Can't locate a replacement. Do you have Eastwood address? Appreciate it. Have a 125 to start on this spring.
thumbsup.gif

their is one about 45 mins away from me maybe i will head out their tomarow i really want to get the so76 done this year an start on my 982

Happy 2009, Y'all
Well, I finally got moved BACK to my land (long story) and have been working on building my CUB house (going on 2 months now). It has taken me this long, because I have only weekends (weather permitting) to work on it (when I wasn't moving). Also, it takes a bit when you start out with pieces and parts of 3 different sheds.
Here's a few pics...
112891.jpg

112892.jpg

112893.jpg

This is 26' wide by 14' deep. Should be big enough for my ONE cub...right????

As soon as I finish up, I will be able to FINALLY start working on my 122 that I've had for about 6 - 7 years.

LYLE B. - Yes, Eastwood does handle blasting guns, but they're the same ones Harbor Freight sell but for twice the $$$$.

Their internet addy is "www.eastwood.com" and their home offices/warehouse is in Pottstown, PA, 263 Shoemaker Rd. 19464

KRAIG - I checked back a couple pages in the forum looking for pic's of 106/126's and could only find a 126. They seem to not be one of the more popular vintages of CC's. Which is odd, since They have ALL the same great features and styling as Our favorite 72/104/105/124/125's do.
Slant%20Tongue.gif
plus the stylish fenders.

Dec. 15, 2008:
112903.jpg

They're out there. A search for 106 shows about 350 posts.
happy.gif

Denny, I prefer the flat, sharp edged fenders on the 1x2/3 and 1x4/5 and the slant grills on the 1x4/5 and 1x6/7, thus making the 1x4/5 the perfect Cub!
proud.gif
<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT> I do however have to agree somewhat with Kent S., those Roundy fenders as found on some Cubs are sure nice.
whistling.gif

"Denny, I prefer the flat, sharp edged fenders on the 1x2/3 and 1x4/5 and the slant grills on the 1x4/5 and 1x6/7, thus making the 1x4/5 the perfect Cub!"

IHThumbsDOWN.jpg

Got some more new stuff made for my Cubs.

Ever worried about pulling the bolts out of your rear end with your sleeve hitch? Fixed that problem. Also made one for the aluminum rear ends.
112914.jpg

112915.jpg

112916.jpg

Rear cover plate to close up the back of the tractor and give it the finished off look.
112917.jpg

Snowblower or Push Blade cutting edges.
112918.jpg

Power steering brakets.
112919.jpg

I figure if I have to make one for myself I might as well make a bunch. Got the V-6 carb adaptor done today and exhaust flanges. Will post some progress of that soon in the custom section.

yeah but slant or z nose Cubs have that factory "jutting chin" -which matches perfectly to rear bumper of most my cars. Great for pushing them into garage.
bubbly.gif

112922.jpg

I am planning of restoring my Original Cub.

112925.jpg

My plan is to break it down completely and powder coat everything. I have a friend that does power coating and will do the whole tractor for $100 if I prep everything, buy the powder and all he has to do is acid wash, powder and bake. This leads me to some questions.
I'd like to sandblast everything but, I don't own a sandblaster and my pancake air compressor doesn't stand a chance of keeping up with demand. Anybody know what it should cost to that all the parts to a media blaster and have this part done?
Second how much powder do you think I would need in Cub yellow and Cub white/almond? Anyone have a source for the correct colors in the powder?
Third is there any parts that are not available, ie rubber stuff, that the baking process will destroy and I won't be able to find again?
Thanks for your help

Speaking of sandblasters, here is the one i built this summer. It is 5' wide and 4' deep, exhaust fan, lights, multi height inner trays. Notice the little one on the left that it replaced. I use black beauty and it works great. Smaller the grit the less plugging, but takes a little longer, but smoother in the end. Ive used sand specifically for sand blasting and after a few times its so round that it doessnt work and talk about dust.

112928.jpg

Aaron, very clever idea there with the bottom sleeve hitch bracket.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Art,
Slant%20Tongue.gif

Another source for blasting cabinets, parts and media is TP Tools in Ohio.
Aaron: Nice cabinet ( I put wheels and a removable hitch on the one I built, towed it around the yard a few times behind the 129...bad idea, too tippy)

Back