Archive through January 05, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Dad and I will be at RPR in IA.....I'll likely have the diesel and plow...

OK, now that deer (not deere!) season is over, it is time for cub cadet season!

I noticed David S. has already started before opening day!
err.gif

Speaking of Charlie,
I bet he is gone to pick up more animal hides and mounts! LOL!!!

Marlin,
What are your intentions for the 100 roller?
Anytime a 70/100/"O" is mentioned, I get excited!

Hopefully, I will be able to get my oldest 100 out of the building and into the basement Saturday for a makeover.

Steve Shaff,
worthless.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 141
  • worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 148
  • worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 130
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 131
It is past time for his makeover.
Hopefully it will start Saturday!

311953.jpg

Attachments

• 311953.jpg
    311953.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 311953.jpg
    311953.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 174
311956.jpg

Ah, I can't resist! One good 100 deserves another!
err.gif

Attachments

• 311956.jpg
    311956.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 136
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 137
  • 311956.jpg
    311956.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 152
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 132
Happy New Year!!
Started up my 106 today and when I put into gear it went nowhere. I pushed it into the garage and then started it up again a bit later. It shifted into first and ran for for a few feet then slipped out of gear. Second and third gears would not engage. Does this sound the clutch or something bigger? Gonna order a new a new clutch plate from cub cadet parts or parts tree. any advice on this would be appreciated.

David S. I'll definitely be a RPR. Probably part time around the Sunstrand Hydro Original Prototype if it's there.

Marty G. The 100 roller is somewhat a rescue. The engine was sold and was going to be parted when I inquired about it. I have a spare 10 and 12 horse engine so I'm trying to decide if I should make it a refurbish with the 10 horse engine or perhaps paint it red install the 12 horse. It will have 6 x 12 Ags on the rear and tri ribs on the front. If red the the rims will have the aluminum/red and the hood will be red and the grill 901 white. Should funding allow it then Kurt Smith will make a mini set of IH flat top fenders. So.... I'll appreciate yours and everyone's thoughts and suggestions with what to create with the 100. p.s. ... I like the looks of your 100.

David S. The 104 is replacing the Project Original. The more that I worked on the Original I began to realize that the little fella will be a slightly higher maintenance tractor. Since I'll be 100 miles away it could be a concern helping maintain the little fella. So after some visiting with the parents it was decided to go with the 104. Fenders to help keep mud off the driver. Nicer clutch setup. I asked Kraig to resend me the program that he uses to re-size pictures. So if my sinuses finally start to give me some relief then tomorrow I should be able to bring two little fellas home.

Steve B. That is fantastic news ... You're bringing the diesel and plow.

Marlin, I hope to be rolin' in there sometime on the 12th or 13th to camp.
Are you planning on attending the chapter 5 meeting in Toledo in 2 weeks?
I suppose we should start a new thread in the sandbox for all the IA RPRU talk.

Or use the IH Red Power Round Ups thread?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 144
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 142
Nick, I'm leaning towards a shifter fork that's broke, or a loose bolt on the fork assembly, or your shifter its self is broken and will require a weld job, you might dig into the FAQ"s and see if the problem is listed there.....ok ...I opened the discussion ....let's go...
Shift.gif

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 132
Marlin, I'd go with the flat top fenders. I like my round ones there, but think flat look cooler. Hope the trip goes smoothly!

Hey Dave S how are you keeping that engine from falling in the trash can?

If you've seen his 126, he has that magic touch!
wink.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 144
  • wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 138
Earl F. I'm thinking of the flat top fenders to give the 100 somewhat a 7/806 or 56 series look. No matter what the color scheme turns out to be the fenders will still give it a nice sharp look. Plus, I'm saving for a 20 ton Harbor Freight press and I need a band saw. I may try to put a CAT O 3 point on it also.

Marlin it reminds me of those and my buddy has an A/C 720 with lights under the fenders, I've always liked being able to put them there. However due to the height, or lack thereof, I don't know how effective having them there would be. I've seen many excellent examples of the 1x8/9 series made to resemble the big guys, but always wondered how well the lights actually cover the working area. but right now I don't have lights on my 100 and have been thinking about coming up with something from what I already have for now

Earl, I've got an Allis Chalmers 620, almost exactly the same tractor as the 720. I've never been able to find any difference actually. The under fender lights work OK although with a loader attached the uprights do block a bunch of light, however, the loader uprights are the perfect place to mount more lights.
buttrock.gif
And seeing that it's OT Friday...
happy.gif

311964.jpg

Attachments

• 311964.jpg
    311964.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 165
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 137
  • buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 141
  • 311964.jpg
    311964.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 138
  • buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 134
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 138
Kraig
drool.gif

Attachments

• drool.gif
    drool.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 132
  • drool.gif
    drool.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 140
Steve did you push the dash lever to the side to keep it from locking in neutral? And does the pedal return to neutral if you remove your foot or stay going the same speed like using the dash lever?

Also back to Kraig's 620, I like having a clutch to push in to start. My buddy's is a bear in the cold and you need to let it warm for a few minutes before letting the trans turn

Latest posts

Back