• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 01, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris-

Get rid of that bolt. It will eventually destroy the coupler and the input shaft on the transmission.

251584.jpg

.....Kraig does...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Same emblem is used in the steering wheel centers of many 70's and 80's IH big tractors/combines

can someone help Chris W with his 122 with creeper question?

I have both types of plastic weights; The 75 lb fit down inside the rim and the 50 lb just fit up against the rim face. I also have one weight for the Farmall rear wheel . I sue it just chained to the 3 point when I need extra weight. I think I have 6 or 7 pairs of the IH 26 lb weights here.A few pairs I paid 60.00$ for and I`am happy to see there price has grown to over 100$ . It is Cold here toady and all that wet snow we got is frozen hard as rock.

I wonder what that 75# "ferrous iron" weight looks like underneath the plastic cover.

Hey all - still curious about the throttle and choke cables for a 127. Were they sheathed or bare originally? Also, would anyone happen to know if the original rivets for the serial # plate on the engine/flywheel shroud can still be had? Thanks

Terry and Melody. I'm not sure what came new on the tractor, but looking at Charlies parts pictures it looks like the choke cable is spiral wound with a dark plactic cover. The throttle cable is just spiral wound with center wire, but no covering. Maybe others will come up with more accurate info.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.
Work has been in the way of my Cub time. Or maybe paying for my Cub time?

Charlie,
I have to ask, whats your S# 518 CC"O" worth?
Or maybe not!

poof.gif

Paul,
Thank you for sharing your pic.
My first car was a 1965 Scout had a slant 4, look like half of a Buick V8. Wish I had it back. It was red with a white travel top and a snow plow. No I mean blade.

I admit, I do not always have a lot to add, but I always enjoy this site. I think that's what it's all about.

The friends that get to debate and some times argue. The life long commitment to something we care about.

I see the IH Cub Cadet Forum Rules were Last updated: 10/05/2006 14:58:36 Do not change a thing.

Thank you / Good night
Bill

Bill R.
Jim Chabot owns 518.
I know what he paid for it, but that's not saying it's worth more or less.
Probably more IMHO.

Ok ,since we are on the subject of Wheel weights,is there a specified weight for each tractor ? For instance I have the 104 or for Harry I have the 1x4 (lol). Anyone know what weights I should be using according to the manual ?

Harry,
The ballast under the plastic is a dark, foamy looking concrete type of substance, alomst like a light weight concrete material.

Amy, as much as you can bolt or hang on it. One can never have enough weight, just ask Wyatt C.

251608.jpg

Well, this might be too much to install on one Cub:

251609.jpg

Kraig,but what about too much weight on the bearings? Wont that wear them out faster with too much weight ? I know they use a formula from rolling weight but I cant remember what it is....

Stop adding weight just before you start breaking axles......it's a fine line...very similar to "right before the paint starts to run"....
happy.gif
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back