Archive through January 01, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here's it comes, LOL

Amy K.
We have to know what you weigh on any given day in order to scientifically calculate the amount that can be added safely to the machine.
roflol.gif

It might also help to know if you set dead center of the machine or tilt on way or the other once and a while.

LOL I knew that was coming next...LOL

Ok Charlie,now that all depends really on the color of my eyes. If they are Hazil,then im maybe 150,but if they are dark brown well im guessing im closer to 165,hence brown eyes id be all backed up an full of it :p ....

I usually sit dead center unless I lean to one side or the other on gasy days ! HA !

But I was thinking that general rule, doubling a load on a (rolling element) bearing will reduce the life by a factor of 10, IIRC.

I'm not sure how that works for the earlier tractors that have bronze sleeve bearings instead of roller bearings.

Wow , I've never seen that many wheel weights stacked up like that b4! lol I really need to start workin on that 100 again soon, Cant wait for winter to be over so we can get back to work. Havent had any extra cc money. lol

Kraig,send me a set of the wheel weights will ya...lol It looks like ya wouldnt miss a set ;)

Kraig - how long are the bolts holding those wheel weights to that wheel?

Charlie and Amy - well ya didn't ask for it but here goes anyway - I didn't think ya had it in ya
rofl.gif
but now I'm wondering about the weight distribution difference between the seat old style single C spring, followed by the "no springs" and then the newer twin springs. There must be a variation in the calculations when accounting for leaning
dizzy.gif

Amy, those are not my weights just a photo I saved from this forum many years ago. I have 3 sets and all 3 are in use.

Hydro,
dunno.gif
good question...

IH weights are expensive....just keep eating M&M's and left over Christmas cookies!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Happy New Year everyone! I've been casually looking for a nice 73 roller for several months now...it seems they're harder to find than 70, 71, and 72 models. I prefer the 73 hood decal over the 72 but wonder if there were any other improvements or differences other than the hood decal and white dash tower? Any interesting insights on this model would be appreciated...I understand IH had planned to discontinue the 7hp models but ultimately sold the 73s to use up leftover K161s?

I prefer adding weight by filling my liquid grain storage unit
beerchug.gif

I wonder if those are real IH weights or the knockoffs on evilpay.

I would like to add another 50 to 75 pounds to my snow blasting 169
251612.jpg

Jeff, I believe those weights were a mix of actual IH weights and reproductions. Perhaps Wyatt will stop by and comment, as I believe those were his or he knew who owned them. Might have been Travis S. that owned them.
dunno.gif
Steve B. might also know...

Latest posts

Back